New

Options
Hi , my name's Danielle. I love my fittness pal. Went to personal trainer and he said to eat more then 1200 calories a day. Im not exercising yet. What do you guys think?

Replies

• pbock0001
    Options
    Hi I am Patty and new on here. My daughter encouraged me to join myfitnesspal and I am impressed with the whole web site.:bigsmile:
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    My sister-in-law competes in fitness competitions. She weighs about 112 lbs. She told me that I should NEVER eat less than 1,800 calories per day. I trusted her and I have lost weight - 21 lbs since August. I recommended to an MFP friend to try it - she did and dropped 3.6 lbs.
  • Leah789
    Leah789 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Leah. I'm joining the site at a humbling 260 lbs. I'm happy to have found some support, after putting my health aside for too long. Thank You for creating the site.
  • jilers
    jilers Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you weigh, how much you have to lose -your activity level. There are so many variables it is hard to reply with a set answer
  • daniellesully
    daniellesully Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thats what a personal trainer said, I said, "I dont work out yet ,"and he said "do it any way, eat 1600 to 1800. Eat lots of protein! That means no breads, rice,ceral,pasta and potatoes.
  • daniellesully
    daniellesully Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    HI My names Danielle . Im trying to lose about 30 ish lbs. MY PCP said to lose 15 lbs before Im forty. Im 37. She said its very hard to lose weight after 40 , but you can. Make it easier on your self and try now. Ill keep the post posted , lol, on my progress.! good luck!