What's your weigh-in day?

Options
Mine is on Sunday - and a good friend is advising me to change it to Thursday - because everyone is a little more lax on the weekends, and giving yourself until Thursday to recover means you'll be weighing in on the "lightest" day of the week. Thoughts?

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday, first thing in the morning (right after I pee).

The scale is deceiving, so I think the biggest thing to do is to keep it consistent... same scale, same day of the week, same time of day.

• Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Monday
  • laylina
    laylina Posts: 50
    Options
    mine is also Sunday, so now I'm intrigued with this new info . I keep track throughout the week but i consider Sunday my official number.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If your weight fluctuates during the week you'd be better to keep it the same day. Otherwise you are just fooling yourself.
  • greatdaneaddict
    greatdaneaddict Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Mondays and Thursdays. Always in the morning after waking up.
  • janey2607
    janey2607 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Mine is every other Sunday, it keeps me on track for the weekend. I have an under active thyroid and would be disappointed if I didn't show a loss hence 'every other'. It depends how you 'diet'? Do you allow yourself a 'cheat' if you have lost? If weighing mid week showed a loss you could be tempted to 'cheat' upto and over the weekend? I only say this because it's what I used to do.
  • Arynamber
    Arynamber Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Monday.. makes me think twice about what I eat during the weekend (which are typically my hardest days)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log my weight every morning, but the only number I really watch is the change from Monday to Monday.
  • jogami
    jogami Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I plan on weighing in every Friday morning. I just feel that way I won't be disappointed. If I've worked hard that week it'll show. The next week when I've lost more will just be a bigger incentive. I don't think it matters tbh. At the moment I weigh every 15 minutes (obsessive much?) and promised myself today to keep it to once a week as it changes from morning to night and daily and I can't get any more despondent. I need to keep trudging on til I'm at goal!
  • irishrose1102
    Options
    I weigh in 'officially' on Thursday mornings but I do take a peek every morning to try to keep focused. I just remember that my daily weight will fluctuate due to salt intake or a hard workout the day before, etc. I just like to give myself the week to fix any screw ups I have over the weekend - which happen more often than I'd like!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day just because I'm curious, but my official weigh in is Friday mornings. I chose Friday for the same reason your friend chose Thursday. People tend to eat a lot of crap on the weekend that is very high in sodium, so when Monday rolls around you're retaining a lot of water.
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Monday here too, keeps me from going mental over the weekend :smile:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    um, when i feel like it :) if i'm looking/feeling not bloated. i should make it a more regular habit though. i'm always afraid of the number! i like to gauge how i'm feeling (fit vs tired) and how clothes are fitting (well vs snug)...
  • kmlt08
    kmlt08 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Mine is on Sunday - and a good friend is advising me to change it to Thursday - because everyone is a little more lax on the weekends, and giving yourself until Thursday to recover means you'll be weighing in on the "lightest" day of the week. Thoughts?

Weigh in Wednesday (because I am lame and think rhyming is cool!)

I weigh myself daily but I change my weight only 1x a week (wednesday) on my tracker!
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response MFP's - I'm giggling at so many of your responses. I don't allow myself a "cheat" day per se - but my guard is slightly down over the weekend. I tend to weigh myself every a.m. - after I pee (LOL - glad to know I'm not the only one) - and I do notice the scale is lower on Thursdays. I think it's because I have a couple of glasses of wine on Fridays & Saturdays - and it affects Sunday's scale. Maybe I'll try Thursday this week - but if I think it makes me TOO lax over the weekend fuggetaboutit....!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Every day. LOL I weigh myself almost every morning (I try to do so before eating and after using the restroom) - at first I saw a small drop every single day (normally about 0.2-0.4 lb drop each day), when I started exercising more I started seeing a pattern of the number either staying the same or going up a bit for several days or even a week, and then all of a sudden dropping back down to about where I knew it should be due to my intake and exercise. I only officially 'log' the numbers that go lower (i.e. the ones that 'make sense' since I know I am following my plan and not cheating). I don't let the numbers that are 'off' get me down b/c I know there are reasons for the fluctuations. Also, I am not 'more lax' on the weekends. Every day is pretty much the same unless I'm on a trip and having to figure out what to eat out of drive-thrus and even then I am still pretty close to my calorie goals. It might have something to do with me being a stay-at-home-mom - all of my days are pretty similar with regard to what I eat since I always have the same things available to me. It might be different for people that work during the week and have different choices to make during the workweek vs. the weekend. Or something like that. LOL
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I'm a scale-o-holic and sometimes weigh everyday, but I only log on Fridays....
  • GoldSag1
    GoldSag1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Friday mornings only.
  • kelliwiatrek
    Options
    I weigh myself every Wednesday morning rigth after I pee. That is when I started my fitness pal so I have just kept it that way. I don't like to weigh myself everyday because if I don't see a change then I get frustrated. It is exciting to me to weight once a week cause then when I get on that scale and see a good change I get even more motivated to push myself harder cause I know there are gonna be results. Even one is different so just do what you want to do.

10371238.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Friday mornings. I don't "give" myself cheat days, but if there would be any day of the week that something would come up with friends where I needed extra exercise or juggling of calories for a social gathering, it would be on the weekends, so Friday mornings are least likely to be off from any other factors such as extra sodium and such.