12 Week Winter Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Am interested to know what incentives you give yourselves to keep going?

As my long term goal is to lose 70lbs I decided I need to save to be able to replace my wardrobe, so I'm using a savings incentive per one pound lost. I have found it surprisingly easy as I'm not wasting money on fast food crap and snacks anymore (if the Starbucks UK stock price is suffering I think I can take some responsibility for that!). A friend of mine has treated herself to things like spa days when she lost 10% of starting weight etc - what do you all do?

I've never done the whole reward thing, mostly because I didn't think it was necessary. But I actually figured out a goal for myself for this challenge :) If I reach 165 by the end of the year, I am rewarding myself with a pair of Toms shoes. It's not super extravagant or anything, but it's something I've wanted, but didn't want to buy just because. Incentives are good motivators :D
  • beethedreamer
    Options
    P.S. Everyone is doing really well, the loses are great this week!
  • addjkd
    addjkd Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am in as well. Weight was 256.5 Goal by New Years is 240.
  • aussie88l
    Options
    beethedreamer...........................181.4...............................................178.4..................................................165
    160poundgirl..............................205.2...............................................205.2..................................................180
    Catherine (catmomof3)........... 211..................................................206......................................................180
    bluegirl10....................................142 .................................................142 ................................................... 132
    tammihart....................................196..................................................193.....................................................175
    Jody..............................................147.5 ..............................................147.5................................................. 137.5
    SarahMarie1983........................213.0...............................................213.0..................................................190.0
    Freyalillie.....................................139..................................................139......................................................130
    clh126..........................................132..................................................132......................................................125
    multimum2010...........................181..................................................176......................................................157
    CUgirl...........................................166..................................................162......................................................147
    MommyofChaos........................ 171.5 .............................................168.5.................................................. 150.0
    Leobaby.......................................160..................................................154.5...................................................140
    csmigin (Christy)........................175.2...............................................174.8..................................................125
    AScarbrough19 (Andrea)..........155..................................................149......................................................140
    LinBee..........................................193..................................................193......................................................175
    aussie88l.....................................130..................................................128......................................................122
    Tresor...........................................147..................................................147......................................................139
    Kimosgal......................................212..................................................212.....................................................188
    laughteroutofplace.....................185..................................................185......................................................167
    Sojo...............................................141..................................................141......................................................132
    PrincessEliNa.............................148..................................................142......................................................130
  • mommyofchaos
    Options
    Down 1.5 lbs from last weigh in!!

beethedreamer...........................181.4...............................................178.4..................................................165
    160poundgirl..............................205.2...............................................205.2..................................................180
    Catherine (catmomof3)........... 211..................................................206......................................................180
    bluegirl10....................................142 .................................................142 ................................................... 132
    tammihart....................................196..................................................193.....................................................175
    Jody..............................................147.5 ..............................................147.5................................................. 137.5
    SarahMarie1983........................213.0...............................................213.0..................................................190.0
    Freyalillie.....................................139..................................................139......................................................130
    clh126..........................................132..................................................132......................................................125
    multimum2010...........................181..................................................176......................................................157
    CUgirl...........................................166..................................................162......................................................147
    MommyofChaos........................ 171.5 .............................................167.0.................................................. 150.0
    Leobaby.......................................160..................................................154.5...................................................140
    csmigin (Christy)........................175.2...............................................174.8..................................................125
    AScarbrough19 (Andrea)..........155..................................................149......................................................140
    LinBee..........................................193..................................................193......................................................175
    aussie88l.....................................130..................................................128......................................................122
    Tresor...........................................147..................................................147......................................................139
    Kimosgal......................................212..................................................212.....................................................188
    laughteroutofplace.....................185..................................................185......................................................167
    Sojo...............................................141..................................................141......................................................132
    PrincessEliNa.............................148..................................................142......................................................130
  • linbee83
    linbee83 Posts: 144
    Options
    Down about 3!

MommyofChaos........................ 171.5 .............................................167.0.................................................. 150.0
    LinBee..........................................193..................................................190.4......................................................175
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    So, here's where I'm at guys: Yesterday, my friend was slamming my door shut, not knowing I was right behind the door (Inside the room) and totally K-O'd my nose. I have never been physically hurt before, especially in the face, so naturally, today I stayed in bed and was in pain (Missed my yoga class). :S My mom, for breakfast, got me a Costco Chocolate muffin (HELLO 690 calories) and my dad brought me pizza for dinner. (It's technically my favorite food)- I barely made it inside of my allotted calories for the day (With only 23 calories left over) ugh. In 20 days, this is the first time I have "slipped"- and It was just such a dumb, random thing to happen, but it happened.

I'm kinda worried for tomorrow, my body is still feels achy, and I don't feel like doing anything :S

Agh, motivation, anyone? Maybe I should watch the biggest loser, even with their bad knees or whatever, THEY exercise right? ...ugh...
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My first day on the weight loss program is tomorrow ,10/19/11, and I weighed in today at 10/18/11 at 236.4 pounds. My goal is to weigh 212 pounds by the end of the year. If I lose 2 pounds per week I should be able to get to 212 pounds in 12 weeks. I am having the hardest time sticking to a weight loss program and my weight just keeps moving up and it scares me.
  • JustCallMeLynn
    Options
    Name...........................................Starting Weight.............................Current Weight..................................Goal Weight
    JustCallMeLynn.................................212.....................................................212..........................................................195

I have my eye on the prize to be in the 100s for 2012.

I'm new to MFP and I'm trying to blog to keep accountable. Feel free to friend me. I need all the support I can get.
  • JustCallMeLynn
    Options
    JustCallMeLynn current weight should be 210.

Thanks!
  • SamHughes15
    SamHughes15 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Am I too late to join? Need alot of motivation through winter :-/
  • AScarbrough19
    AScarbrough19 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    @samhughes15....This has been an open challenge. Just add your name to the list. Mondays have been the identified weigh in day! The group that is sticking in there has been motivating for me.
  • Tresor
    Tresor Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Mondays are hectic for me so I am weighing in a day early.

Catherine (catmomof3)........... 211..................................................208.4..................................................180
    multimum2010...........................181..................................................181......................................................157
    MommyofChaos........................ 171.5 .............................................168.5.................................................. 150.0
    aussie88l.....................................130..................................................130......................................................122
    Tresor...........................................147..................................................144.3.....................................................139

Good luck to everyone this week.

Kathy
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm getting my numbers in here before I forget!

Catherine (catmomof3)........... 211..................................................208.4..................................................180
    clh126..........................................132..................................................129.8....................................................125
    multimum2010...........................181..................................................181......................................................157
    aussie88l.....................................130..................................................130......................................................122
    Tresor...........................................147..................................................144.3.....................................................139
  • indianaangel
    Options
    I would love to join your challenge! I would like to be at 185 in 12 weeks!
  • csmigin
    csmigin Posts: 30
    Options
    I feel like a stupid yo-yo! Up and down, up and down! Ugh! :grumble: :sad:

clh126..........................................132..................................................129.8....................................................125
    csmigin (Christy)........................175.2...............................................175......................................................150
  • Leobaby
    Leobaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    YES! Another 3.5 lbs gone! :) Almost halfway my 2011 goal...

Leobaby.......................................160..................................................151......................................................140
    csmigin (Christy)........................175.2...............................................175......................................................150
    Tresor...........................................147..................................................144.3...................................................139
  • before20
    Options
    Hey, I love the idea of this challenge, and of being mindful of my new years goal weight during the holiday season. Hoping its not too late to join, so here are my stats :flowerforyou:

Leobaby.......................................160..................................................151......................................................140
    Tresor...........................................147..................................................144.3...................................................139
    Before20.......................................141..................................................141......................................................130
  • catmomof3
    Options
    Catherine (catmomof3)........... 211..................................................204......................................................180
    Before20.......................................141..................................................141......................................................130

So proud of everyone! I RAN today for 25 out of my 50 minutes and I liked it! OMG I never thought I would ever say that!
  • beethedreamer
    Options
    Great job everyone! I love that y'all are sticking with the challenge :)

In the two weeks since I last weighed in, I lost about 4 pounds, which I'm pretty excited about! As long as I stay on track with my eating, I have no doubt I will meet my goal!

beethedreamer...........................181.4...............................................174.6..................................................165
    Catherine (catmomof3)........... 211..................................................204......................................................180