New and looking for friends!

Options
Hi all,

First day using this site/app and would like to find some others who can help motivate me, and I can help do the same for them!

I'm 27 (28 next week, ahh!) and getting married next June. I have always been pretty health-conscious but have been letting it slide a bit lately..want to start my marriage 20 pounds lighter, way more toned, and just more healthy in general!

It's a reality check to see MyFitnessPal tell me that my daily calories need to be only 1260 to get there by my wedding date..I know I need to eat more than that to stay sane, but that just means I'll need to up my exercise to compensate, which is a good thing.

Replies

• ksylvan
    ksylvan Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi! Welcome!

If you eat lots of greens (veggies, spinach, kale) you will fill up on micro-nutrient rich but calorie-sparse foods and it will be way easier.

Best regards,

---Kayvan
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Request sent! Welcome to mfp.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I joined a few days ago, I've found it very helpful just keeping track of my food. I hope that you have a wonderful experience here. ENJOY!!!!
  • dickson006
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I just started a couple weeks ago and I am getting married next summer as well! Best of luck to you. Feel free to add me as friend!
  • bassett8807
    bassett8807 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    As long as you eat healthy, low fat, low sodium foods. You would be surprised ate how much you can eat in one day and still be under 1260 calories. I am on a 1200 a day but I usually don't feel hungry at the end of the day. As long as you are aware of what you are eating you can be pretty well set. That is what is nice about the food tracker.
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on the upcoming wedding... Im sure you will find lots of us are willing to help out as well as take help! Its always easier with help!
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    welcome to the group hon.... and congrats on the upcoming wedding....:bigsmile:
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Be sure to keep your water intake up :-))
  • lj5187
    lj5187 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I am also new, about 1 month, however have been on an extended vacatation. Need to get back to it!
  • jazaun
    jazaun Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi and welcome! This is only my 3rd day here. This site is great because it keeps track of all your calories in...calories out. I need that for a reality check. You can add me as a friend! Congratulations on your up coming wedding!:happy:
  • litcha
    litcha Posts: 11
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I love having new friends and motivating eachother!!
  • Devonanne
    Devonanne Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies guys! On day 4 of using this and very impressed with all the support and encouragement I've already gotten on here :)

I generally drink a ton of water anyway so that's no problem, my challenge is getting enough veggies in. I tend to wait till I'm super-hungry to eat, then I fill up on whatever I can get my hands on first...we have pretty healthy food in the house (whole grains, veggies, fruit, etc, no junk) but I need to work on eating MORE hugh-bulk, low cal nutrient-rich foods and less high calorie, low-bulk foods so I can survive this 1260 calorie deal. Another challenge is I'm a type 1 diabetic, so sometimes I get low blood sugars and HAVE to eat extra - just something I need to compensate for though.

After only 4 days though already feeling leaner and loving the iPhone app. Thanks for all the friend adds!