what should I do?

Options
Do I need to eat dinner before my workouts. I go to the gym around 6pm for two hours when I get back home it's 8:00-8:30 should I have a light snack , or eat a full meal.

Replies

• deannaboo
    deannaboo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Do I need to eat dinner before my workouts. I go to the gym around 6pm for two hours when I get back home it's 8:00-8:30 should I have a light snack , or eat a full meal.
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I would eat two small meals, one before and one after, it healthier that way anyway. Depending on what time you go to bed, it might be better to wait until after you go to the gym, if you're the kind of person who gets cramps if you eat before working out.
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym a little later in the evening, I usually come home and eat 2-4 ounces of Bumble Bee tuna in water, drained mixed with some diced onion, pickle a little garlic powder and 1 tablespoon light mayo. That seems to do the trick on filling me up and also very low calorie for bedtime....
  • Sparkle523
    Options
    I would say stop eating 3 hours before bed. But they say it’s good to eat a light snack after a workout to help your muscles.

178843.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Tyravis
    Tyravis Posts: 37
    Options
    It all depends on how your body digests. I have found that if i eat a decent meal about two hours before a work out than i am OK.If i eat to soon before a workout i get sick to my stomach.Also depending if my day is too busy than ill eat a light meal afterwords.I try not to eat after nine o'clock at night so i don't store the food.Good luck!:smile:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym a little later in the evening, I usually come home and eat 2-4 ounces of Bumble Bee tuna in water, drained mixed with some diced onion, pickle a little garlic powder and 1 tablespoon light mayo. That seems to do the trick on filling me up and also very low calorie for bedtime....

Ooh. I LIKE this.
    I have 4 cans of tuna that have sat in my fridge for a looong time.
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    maybe you could eat a small dinner before, then come back and have a light snack of: fruit, yogurt, or a granola bar. that should help you. that way your stomach's not empty when you go.