planning meals

Options
I need help planning what foods to eat. Does any one have a simple plan that works for them? because i am clueless

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    what do you like eating?

I suggest picking things you like make em healthy and nutrient packed and go to town!

My diary is open if you need ideas!
  • amgreen87
    amgreen87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    read peoples diaries who are in a similar calorie bracket to you. For me I've figured out I can do cereal or yogurt in the morning, and then salad with something (soup, veggies, chicken, leftovers usually) for lunch, and then I make dinner for hubby and I... Sometimes that's a bit of a cheat, sometimes not so much. I eat after I work out at night so I'm a little less hungry, more focused on the effects of my workout and not wanting to ruin them with junk food. (evening is my lowest resistance time usually) I vary the kinds of yogurt and what I put in the salad slightly so I don't get too bored. Eventually I will get bored and then I'll figure something else out. Oatmeal in the am is great too.
  • maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    there are so many things you could have!! i know everyone is different, but i have found that i need to vary my food becuase if i'm eating the same thing every day i'm alot more likely to "cheat". eat what you want in moderation and mix it up! and look at your friends food diaries if you need ideas but i would suggest varying your meals day to day - this is what has kept me with my program for so long
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Lots of salads and fresh veggies. Ground Turkey, Boneless Pork, Boneless Chicken breast for salads, dinner and for sandwiches with low carb bread ( whole grain), Frozen veggies for side dishes and to add to 1 oz pasta and 1/2 cup of sauce. Egg white omelets with veggies and Smart balance very low in everything ( Great for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack), Baked Sweet Potatoes, Nuts, Yogurt, Fresh Fruits, Fat Free pudding cups, Low fat Graham crackers for crushing on top of baked apple or pudding. Hummus with Wheat thin crackers.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Well here is an example of what our week might look like, and what I left in the cubbords goes towards next weeks planning.

Sunday:
    B- Avena shake
    L- Froz. lunch
    D- BBQ chicken sand/ baked potato/ peas

Monday:
    B- Waffles
    L- Pesto noodles, Turkey sand
    D- Taco’s w/ refried beans

Tuesday:
    B- Yogurt and fruit
    L- Blt sand./ PB and J
    D- Chicken and dumplings

Wednesday:
    B- Oatmeal
    L- Soup
    D- Omelets

Thursday:
    B- Waffles
    L- Microwave lunches
    D- Chili

Friday:
    B- Eggs and toast
    L- Sandwiches
    D- Philly cheesesteak/ salad

Saturday:
    B- Cereal
    L- Leftovers
    D- Beef stew

Sunday:
    B- Smoothie
    L- Macaroni
    D- Chili dogs
  • docHelen
    docHelen Posts: 198
    Options
    lots of variety and lots of veg....you are welcome to add me as friend and look at my diary :)
  • amgreen87
    amgreen87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the replies!!