Help Me Make This Work!

Options
I don't know why, but I seem to get stuck at this weight ALL the time. Can you give me any tips of what I can do better, or what I'm doing wrong? I'm willing to try anything once, anything...

I don't eat that much in a day, in fact I sometimes eat under what I'm suppose to be eating. I workout during the week, I try for at least 4 times for an hour each time, sometimes I go more often.

Maybe it's stress, or maybe I'm just doing everything wrong? If you have ANY ideas that could help me that would be fantastic.

P.S: I want to loose way more than what the tracker says, this is just a start.

Replies

• RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Really, sometimes under-eating can be an issue. But if you're comfortable with what you're eating and it has worked before try staggering your calories for a few weeks. I'm talking 2000 one day, 1200 the next, then 1600, 1300.. etc... sometimes that will help give the metabolism a jolt.
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Many people are going to tell you this, but it is the truth. Under eating will never work. Your body needs nutrition and food to survive. So my advice would be to eat the calories you are supposed to be eating.
  • katbat65
    Options
    It's so true about food. You have to keep your body nourished. Do you vary your exercise? Maybe your bosy is used to what your doing and needs a bit of a jolt. Are you doind any weight training, or just cardio?
  • cbmich1860
    cbmich1860 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Im not perfect at this... although most of the time when I am not loosing its because of the way I am eating. Make sure to eat aleast 1200 calories a day and when I seem to not be loosing weight it could be alot of carbs that I am eating.... I am not one of those who thinks you should cut out carbs but limit them for a bit...

Example:

Breakfast - 2 eggs, 3 turkey bacon, fruit
    Lunch - Nice salad w/ chicken
    Dinner - Chicken Breast w/ steamed vegi's w/ brown rice

Snack - Fruit or cottage cheese (low fat)

Hope this helps! Good luck! This has been working for me ( I have lost 6 pounds in 5 weeks).
  • stephensmith0929
    Options
    this guy explains the "too little food" scenerio pretty well! I think it might help you!

http://www.youtube.com/user/BriturTraining#p/u/19/s2i5YW58h5w
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options

I don't eat that much in a day, in fact I sometimes eat under what I'm suppose to be eating. I workout during the week, I try for at least 4 times for an hour each time, sometimes I go more often.

This is most probably the reason...
    Eat the amount of daily calories that have been set..... don't eat under....
  • MrsWagz
    MrsWagz Posts: 41
    Options
    First.. Smile!! You are beautiful and you are worth it!! Second.. Remember FOOD IS FUEL NOT YOUR ENEMY! Make sure you don't eat less than MFP has alloted you because your body could slip into starvation mode and or slow your weight loss.. Eating less is not the answer-- The right food feeds your metabolism and helps you burn more-- Make sure you are eating at least every few hours to avoid drastic dips in your blood sugar resulting in a sluggish, hungry feeling.. The more stable your body is the happier you'll be.. Also you gotta make sure you are eating extra calories on days you work out.. The biggest mistake people make is not adding those extras on workout days and you will be too hungry often causing a binge.. I am a fitness coach and motivator and I'd love to help you along the way if you want to add me!!

Anyone else need a push?? Add me on I'd love to be your coach!! :smile: :wink: