Turbo Fire VS ChaLEAN Extreme

Options
Anyone done either of these and if so...which would you recommend? My sister has Insanity and P90X; I'm currently doing a version of P90X. I want something different in case we want to trade back and forth, we have options

Replies

• aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    Options
    I've done both and like both LOL! If you are looking for weight training then definately do ChaLEAN Extreme.. if you are looking for more Cardio and HiiT workouts then TF.. Im doing the hybrid program of both of them.. Why dont you do that??
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I believe Turbo Fire leans more toward cardio and ChaLean introduces more of resistive training. I need to check on that actually. I can say that the phases on the ChaLean is excellent and I highly recommend that training plan.

I would also say it depends on your goals in addition to what kind of training doesn't bore you.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Chalean Extreme is more centered on weight training (like P90X). Turbo is definitely cardio centered. If you're looking for something new and different than what you're doing, definitely go with Turbo. Message me if you have any other questions :)
  • MrsWagz
    MrsWagz Posts: 41
    Options
    I did the advanced 20 week TurboFire program and it's amazing! All of the essential components are present for a complete workout. Strength, flexibility and cardio complete!! I swear by this program and it put me in the most amazing shape I've ever been in.. Good luck!

Oh by the way P90X2 is due to launch soon!! :wink:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I agree that both are awesome. I also agree that a hybrid of both is even more awesome, because you get weight training and intense cardio all in one program that way. Chalene even made a hybrid plan that uses both. I don't know what the schedule is for that, but I am sure you can find it on the web.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I finished TF recently, and I am on week 2 of Chalean Extreme. LOVED TurboFire, and I am loving Chalean Extreme, but if you need Cardio, i supplement more cardio in on the wieght days, and on the rest days because i am addicted to cardio now. And, I have a lot of weight to still get off me. When I am done with Chalean Extreme, if I am brave enough will start Insanity. I plan on doing hybrids of Turbo Fire & Chalean E, and Chalean E and Insanity. I will eventually have quite a few programs to create hybrids.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I finished TF recently, and I am on week 2 of Chalean Extreme. LOVED TurboFire, and I am loving Chalean Extreme, but if you need Cardio, i supplement more cardio in on the wieght days, and on the rest days because i am addicted to cardio now. And, I have a lot of weight to still get off me. When I am done with Chalean Extreme, if I am brave enough will start Insanity. I plan on doing hybrids of Turbo Fire & Chalean E, and Chalean E and Insanity. I will eventually have quite a few programs to create hybrids.

I did a Chalean and Insanity hybrid once. KILLER! I did Chalean's weight routines as normal, and then did Pure Cardio, Cardio Power and Resistance, and Plyo Cardio Circuit from Insanity on the days in between. My body LOVED Sundays...the day I didn't workout at all, lol. But, I lost plenty of poundage, so it's all good.
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Turbo Fire and I love it. I have completed p90x and I liked it. But I LOVE Turbo Fire. I am on my third month (well sort of it I have to make up two weeks that I missed) and so far I have lost 3.5lbs and 6.5 inches overall.
  • QBee73
    QBee73 Posts: 53
    Options
    I believe Turbo Fire leans more toward cardio and ChaLean introduces more of resistive training. I need to check on that actually. I can say that the phases on the ChaLean is excellent and I highly recommend that training plan.

I would also say it depends on your goals in addition to what kind of training doesn't bore you.
    I agree. Turbo Fire is mostly about the cardio and Chalean Extreme is weight training. I done both and I love both of them. She is a great motivator. I love her workout. Right now I just restarted the hybrid workout that mixes turbo fire and chalean extreme workouts. You should look into them. You may like them.
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the hybrid of both. I LOVE them!
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much ladies! I am leaning towards Turbo Fire...however the hybrid sounds interesting.

Where I'm at right now...I'm not a huge fan of my weight lifting days, however I know they're essential so I do them. I'm really focusing on what I'm eating and upping my Fiber b/c I have a problem staying regular. I really screwed with my metabolism as a teenager going through the whole binge/purge cycle and name the diet pill, I've probably taken it. Silly, stupid girl.
    Example of how slow it is...a friend of mine at the same lunch from the same place one day. They ended up with a stomach ache within a couple hours...mine came like 6-8hrs later.

So far I'm down 40lbs since the start of the year and i'm on my last 10-15...the worst and most evil pounds to lose. I'm more comfortable with my legs and butt...I'm coming to terms with my small chest, like my arms and back...HOWEVER my stomach and those darn love handles...my nemisis! I can feel muscle forming under the flab but the flab WON'T GO AWAY!