Emotional Eaters Anonymous

zeepea74
zeepea74 Posts: 2
edited October 4 in Introduce Yourself
As a nurse, i work long shifts and the work is very emotionally and physically draining. I find that when i'm at work i eat saltine crackers, cookies and candy all day. After a crazy day at work, I reward myself with garbage food like Mc Donalds, etc

I'm trying to eat healthier, run a half marathon by next year and feel better about myself. Any advice or support would be terrific to help me on this journey.

Replies

• My Fitness Pal is going to help as long as you stick to it! It's a great way to watch your calorie intake. Feel free to add me!
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Another tip - PREPARATION! If you have the good fuel that your body needs, you won't grab the first thing when things get tough :)
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    You sound like you know just what to do.....best wishes!!!
  • lep_623
    lep_623 Posts: 193 Member
    Another tip - PREPARATION! If you have the good fuel that your body needs, you won't grab the first thing when things get tough :)

She is totally right!! You may want to start packing a bag of snacks. Some good choices are craisins, salted peanut snack packs, granola bars, marshmallows, special K cracker chips, etc. If you plan ahead you will be more prepared and will be able to beat the cravings! :D Good Luck and feel free to add me! :)
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member

agreed. if you take a day a week to make some big healthy meals, like veggie lasagna, you can just tell yourself, "well, its at home. no sense letting it go to waste."

personally i make a lot of easy to reheat sides, like rice or noodles, in bulk. when i get home i grill up some chicken when i get home.
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Thanks for the post.

I have been in recovery from food addiction for over 19 years and actually utilized Overeaters Anonymous's program to help me through the emotional and mental challenges.

I also incorporated the Kay Sheppard food plan which is specific for those who have issues with cravings, compulsive eating and food addiction. It saved my life, literally.

She has a website that offers free information and support: www.kaysheppard.com AND she also has a clean eating cookbook geared towards supporting the food plan that eliminates cravings and emotional swings.

Hope that may help.
This discussion has been closed.