1000 cals a day

Options
Has anyone lost weight on only 1000 cals a day?

Replies

• futurefitgirl88
    Options
    Not me, I like food...
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm sure people have lost weight on only 1000 calories a day, but for most of us, that's simply not enough food to get proper nutrition. If you are under 5'2", I would see a doctor or a nutritionist to get the right number of calories for weight loss.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    That is a dangerous level of caloric intake in a day. Your body needs significantly more than that just to do things like pumping blood through your body. Yes, you will initially lose weight, but you will damage your body in the process. Is it worth it?
  • SunsetWinds
    Options
    You could lose weight but you would be compromising your health as you certainly can't get the nutrients your body needs to function on 1000 calories/day. So few calories borders on starvation dieting and can be damaging to your body.
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 5'0" and I cut mine back to 1100 and that's the absolute lowest I'd go, personally. I'm a naturally small person & I figured I could drop down the calories a bit. However, 1100 is what I NET. I eat around 1,500 or so a day. But like people have suggested, ask your doctor if you're a petite person.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight only eating 1,000, but why would you want to? O_O