Not very overweight, but have a pasta addiction.

Options
I at most have ten pounds to lose, but I know those last few will make me feel so much better about myself. I have a huge addiction to pasta, and I know just how awful it is in calories; just like cheese my other addiction. I want to know other alternatives that I can try, but I do not like seafood. I am also having trouble finding the motivation, because I know I am not crazy overweight, I sometimes go well there is always tomorrow I will just indulge today. However, I do like to run but due to my petite frame, and my F cup chest I often find after two or three miles everything hurts.
Can anyone help me out ?
Erika

Replies

• minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i lived off of meat bread and cheese and ofcourse pasta...

then i said enough is enough. **** IT.

it's all about willpower, you either want it OR YOU DONT.

if you don't then you won't want to do it and you'll think of every excuse in the book ...
    if you do.. well nothing will stand in your way certainly not a bowl of nasty *kitten* pasta.
  • Leah789
    Leah789 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Pasta is also my weakness. I can think obsessively about it, if it's in my apt. Because I am very overweight, and struggle with this food, I don't allow myself to buy it, or have it in my apt. When it's my birthday or at someone else's house and they are serving it, I allow myself to eat it.

Some other foods that look and sometimes feel like pasta is speghetti squash, zuchinni strips (cut long and thin) or polenta disks in place of lasagna noodles. I'd say if pasta is your favorite, it is unrealistic to cut it out completely. Limit it to 1x week or something you decide. Good luck fellow pasta lover!
  • ajbierma
    ajbierma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Erika, I feel your pain. I'm 5'2" with DDs and am trying to lose 12-15 lbs.

My suggestion on the food is try quinoa pasta - its WAY higher in protein, lower in carbs, and it's still good - or at least the higher-fiber pasta. And enjoy your cheese (just get the good stuff). Cheese is a great source of protein which helps keep you full and its NOT THAT BAD FOR YOU. Pick lower fat versions like Mozz and get the good parm/romano which have intense tastes so a little go a long way. I have a few good recipes that meet my pasta cravings without the actual pasta (like eggplant parm) if you want them.

Regarding the running, there are three things I know to do:
    1) Get the right shoes and bras. Moving Comfort makes sports bras that will actually work for you and having someone fit you for the right size bra and shoe at your local running store will make all the difference in the world.
    2) Go back and start over with running - it's not the fun part, but I found after a few years I forgot some of what I learned about my body at the beginning and I re-did the Couch to 5k program. I'm back to running without pain again :)
    3) Have accountability. Add me as a friend, add your mom as a friend, and log your exercise so people see if you're doing/not doing it. I'm doing a "wellness challenge" right now and it's really helped keep me going.

Keep it up - message me if you need - and it will help keep me going to know I'm not the only one out there who is trying to resist the urge to hold my chest up with one arm while I jog and each a block of Havarti as a bedtime snack :P

Good luck!
    Alissa