cake

Options
I love cake so much, but yesterday i threw half a cake in the trash and brought the other half to work. I felt bad because i hate to throw out good food, but just knowing it wasnt going in my mouth put a smile on my face.:sad: :smile: :smile:

Replies

• DerpdyHerp
    Options
    I love cake too.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I love cake so much, but yesterday i threw half a cake in the trash and brought the other half to work. I felt bad because i hate to throw out good food, but just knowing it wasnt going in my mouth put a smile on my face.:sad: :smile: :smile:

Did you make the cake?
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I had some cake today ;/
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You had me at "cake". . . . ( good for you btw!)
  • Gdzgal771
    Gdzgal771 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i admire your determination!!!
  • MaudeBeige
    Options
    I used to eat my dinner and then the food that the kids didn't eat... In effect I was eating at least 2 meals. (My kids eat like horses or nibble like mice - and you can NEVER tell which it will be!)

Did I feel guilty about waste? Hell yes!!! But I decided that I needed to do and can now share your smiles, knowing that I've done better than before...

I know also have far less food to chuck away! (It just doesn't make its way into the house so much anymore.)
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options

just curious why you didn't bring the whole cake to work? - was your work not worthy of a full cake?
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I know cake is not so great for you but if you have to make it for some reason here is a website with good alternative ingredients. I love the canned pumpkin/spice cake one! :)

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1543
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    If you love cake, make it lighter and healthier! That could be anything from finding recipes to just putting applesauce instead of oil or only using the whites from the eggs, to getting ambitious and finding whole new recipes.

I don't know about you, but knowing I can have something if and when I want it takes away the temptation to overindulge in it.
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options

Why? Couldn't you have brought it to work also? Or better yet gave it to a homeless person?
  • MissMom3
    MissMom3 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I used to eat my dinner and then the food that the kids didn't eat... In effect I was eating at least 2 meals. (My kids eat like horses or nibble like mice - and you can NEVER tell which it will be!)

Did I feel guilty about waste? Hell yes!!! But I decided that I needed to do and can now share your smiles, knowing that I've done better than before...

I know also have far less food to chuck away! (It just doesn't make its way into the house so much anymore.)

This is me!!!! I have 3 kids...6, 4, and 2...wow i always felt so bad about wasting food...but now i give them a certain amount of time to eat and if not, it goes in the trash.
  • msmuffin66
    Options
    yes i made the cake. i awlays try to use my daughter as an excuse saying well maybe she will eat some but she never does
  • msmuffin66
    Options
    i didnt bring all the cake to work because i was going to eat the other half and prob would have ate it all that night. just getting one little piece at a time til the next thing you know its all gone.