A running nsv!!

Options
chef970
chef970 Posts: 196 Member
So im doing the c5k program. Been doing it for 2 weeks now, and yesterdays run for 1 mile was 10:13. Well today, I did a 9:55 mile and did not look at the time and was surprised to see that I beat my own time. I hope to run a 5k in the spring, and by then, I should be at my goal weight or lighter, along with better times to go with it!!

Replies

• foodluver27
    Options
    Congrats..you got a pretty good pace going on :happy:
  • soonerchick14
    soonerchick14 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's a great pace!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing improvement!! I'm giving you a mental round of applause :D

I'm working towards a 10k myself, so I know how hard running is- I'm thrilled with your progress!!
  • kayleetruesdale
    Options
    Congratulations!

That is pretty motivating for myself since I just started the c25k program. I eventually want to do a triathlon.
  • aunt_hbomb
    Options
    Way to go! I started C25K at the end of May, restarted in July and again in August. I am up to week 7 but it turned cold & rainy here and I can't go buy all the gear to run outside any more. I am checking out a gym tonight with a 7 day pass so hopefully it will be reasonable and I can join so I can keep running and finish C25K. It's been about 10 days since I ran and I feel horribly about it. Good luck with your program.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    WOW...Im at my goal weight and almost died running a 10 min mile..Great job!!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!