side effects from organic green tea?

Options
I had some organic green tea the other day and I became light headed, dizzy, almost drugged feeling. I had one cup of coffee that morning; this was one cup of green tea in the afternoon. My body is used to the caffeine so I don't think it would be from a caffeine overdose. What the heck? I've been slightly scared to try it again.

Replies

• mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Thats probably the problem: Not enough caffeine so your system does the oppositve effect. It wants more caffiene since you already drink caffeine. But then I can be wrong lol I dont drink coffee like at all. I only drink organic green tea about twice a day. It's what I drink to get my day going and to study...
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    hmmm. weird. never heard of this. I have heard if you drink too much green tea (and not used to drinking it) it can cause some aches in the belly, gas etc.

maybe it was something else you ate? or not enough food.. etc?
  • rubbyk
    rubbyk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My wife who is an LPN and currently in the RN program just came home from school and said that you can have all kinds of side effects from green tea. I drink green tea and never had a problem with it but googled it anyway. The info is out there just look it up. I would maybe stay away from it if you have problems with it.
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    My wife who is an LPN and currently in the RN program just came home from school and said that you can have all kinds of side effects from green tea. I drink green tea and never had a problem with it but googled it anyway. The info is out there just look it up. I would maybe stay away from it if you have problems with it.
    That's the thing - I never used to have any problems with it! The only difference is that I switched from regular green tea to organic :/ (not saying that has something to do with it - just saying that's the only thing that has changed)
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    weird! i've never had that happen to me!