anytime fitness

Options
hello i am considering going to get a membership at the local anytime fitness here where i live in belpre ohio. does anybody know how much the memberships run price wise and is it worth it do they have a good selection of machines and equipment on site?

Replies

• krystico
    krystico Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm in Pittsburgh, PA. I was a member of LA Fitness a few years ago. It was about $30/month. Great choice of machines, classes, etc. I think ANY 'gym' is better than NO 'gym' - go for it!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if they are independently owned (which means they can set their own prices?) but Anytime Fitness here is about $30/month. I went into one near my home and it was okay. A little small, but they had the normal 24/7 gym stuff (cardio machines, the usual chest press, shoulder press, hip machines, etc and they had dumb bells and a Smith Machine at the back). I went with Snap Fitness (closer to my house and I just liked the atmosphere better). I recently switched to a locally owned 24/7 gym simply because I wanted to do squats and bench presses without the Smith Machine and the other gyms in this area that are 24/7 only have the Smith Machine.

Call them and ask if they offer a one day free trial - most places do. Go in and workout for the one day and see if you like it. We tried MANY different gyms with the one day free trial until we found one we liked. :)
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    Independently owned and operated- but as a general rule membership runs from $30-$50 a month for a single membership (depending on what extras your branch might have, and lenght of contract)

Most will have student, military, and law enforcement discounts, and there are several hundred corporate discounts as well. Also- as a rule, the corporate offices REQUIRE their franchisees to offer a seven day free trial.

I'd say more, but it will sound like advertising (I used to manage one)
  • silent1988
    Options
    yeah i emailed them and they said it was 48 for one month 136 for three and 264 for six just wondering if it is worth ti cause i dont really have a whole lot of money to spend but they are the only fitness center in my town open 24/7 and i am a person who just likes to workout alone and unbothered in peace and quiet without worrying about people watching me
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I joined anytime fitness in my small town 2 months ago. I really like it. They will offer a 1 or 2 week free visit so it is worth checking out first. Lots of machines and good weight equipment. I think the atmosphere will depend on where you live. Mine is generally quiet and the people keep to the themselves but are very nice.
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I go to Anytime Fitness, and I Love it!! Im on a 2 person family membership and it runs $65/mo... But here's what I LOVE about it:

1) not a meat market; but the atmosphere is helpful
    2) truly open 24/7; can go whenever I get a chance
    3) well maintained machines, equipment, facilities
    4) I HAVE NEVER FELT OUT OF PLACE

So, the main thing for you to consider, would be is the ability to workout on your own terms worth what their asking you for it?? I was going to go to a "bigger" gym with a pool and full size basketball court... I actually have a free membership now for one yet I still pay for Anytime because it's where I belong =D

Happy Gym Hunting!!
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I go to Anytime as my second gym, my first being the gym on campus as I'm an exercise physiology major in college. We got the Anytime membership because my husband gets a discount and auto withdrawal from his paycheck through the hospital where he works. I'd highly recommend asking if they have a program with your job. It's only $45 per month for the two of us that way. They aren't the biggest gym around and only one of the 4 I've visited in our area (I drive 2 hours to school each day and there are several in various small towns between here and school) has classes. So, check on classes if you want to try them because they may not have space for them. But the equipment in all of them is pretty standard and has everything you need for a complete workout. One of the local ones down by my school actually has the TRX system available and that is awesome! But because they are all independently owned, you have to check with your local Anytime to find out exactly what they have available.
  • ajrulo
    ajrulo Posts: 50
    Options
    I joined Anytime Fitness about a month ago and LOVE it! It is not the only gym in my town, and not the cheapest but it is the one I felt most comfortable in. For my particular club, it's small, not too crowded, very clean and non intimidating. That last one is very important as I am new to the gym scene.
  • jewels68
    Options
    My husband and I joined Anytime Fitness in Monroe WA. We love it. Signed an 18 month membership. Right now we pay $139 per month for 5 of us and unlimited tanning for me. If we took off tanning, its $119. Love going at anytime we want. I work days and my husband graves. Lots of machines too.
  • silent1988
    Options
    i can get a three month membership for 185 after fees and everything just deciding whether or not to do it
  • Lisalisa_67
    Options
    I'm not sure if they are still doing this, but you may want to check it out. If you "Like" them on Facebook you can get a two week trial. It's worth checking out anyways.
  • radix89
    radix89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I would go in and see what prices they offer. I went to one 3 years ago, really liked it but I needed a pool at the time. I am thinking of going back to one now. I was only paying $26. They are way more likely to mention specials if you're there in person.