losing hope...

Options
I have been recording everything.. and I mean EVERYTHING for weeks now. I have only gone over my daily calorie count once, been working out and in a month I have dropped a minute amount of weight.

I feel sad and though I know its worth it in the end. It seems very far away just now.. xx

Replies

• glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you, only I've been at for several months now. People keep telling it'll get better, I'm still waiting.
  • cfppro
    cfppro Posts: 7
    Options
    Same here, I have decided to stop weighing myself.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Sometimes it takes awhile for weight to start coming off more easily. There are all kinds of bumps along the way. It was over a month before I saw any loss and now after several months I'm stuck! Keep up hope and keep working towards your goal. Without being able to see your food diary I can't give you any suggestions other than eat lots of produce, beans, etc. Maybe try changing up your workout? There's a number of things that could be halting your loss.
  • kacka68
    kacka68 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should make your food diary public, that way we could see what you've been eating and maybe give you some pointers??
  • Kristin111365
    Options
    try zig zaging you calories. on the days you have worked out eat back your exercise calories. sometimes if you are working out really hard and not eating enough you can stop losing weight.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Without being able to see your diary...dare I say it? .....Maybe you're not eating ENOUGH! MFP isn't a one-size-fits-all model. You may need to adjust your intake to suit your own needs.
  • de54
    de54 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Please hang in there, it is a slow progress that we have to go through, but it will be worth it in the long run. Keep at it, you may wake up next week and weigh yourself and be down quite a bit. It takes our bodies a little while to start the losing process.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I always say get your thyroid checked just in case because I have thyroid problems that took years to diagnose when a simple test would have taken care of the problem. I didn't lose weight last week and seems like it has made it harder to stay on track this week because I was so disappointed. I do lose weight a lot slower because of the thyroid thing but so far had managed to lose a pound a week until last week. Good Luck and you are never too young to get your thyroid checked. It is a simple blood test.
  • jenniferpayne5
    jenniferpayne5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey hon, How tall are you? 45KG might not be a healthy goal weight for your hight. I had to do the calculation but you are shooting for around 99 lbs. If you are over 156cm (about 5'1") tall you are trying to achieve an unhealthy weight. Your BMI should not be less than 18.5. So how tall are you?
  • kaleigh91
    Options
    I am 5"1 xx
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    That IS a very small target goal, even though you are short.

As you are at an already healthy bmi, extra weight isn't going to come off quickly. And it might be an idea to re-evaluate your target. Is it more about shape than a number on the scale?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Since you're within 6kg (13 pounds) of your goal weight, you're already at a healthy weight for your size. When you're in a healthy range, weight loss SHOULD be very slow. You shouldn't be aiming for any more than .5# a week.

Be sure to take progress photos in a mirror or with a self-timer. A lot of times, especially with so little weight to lose, it's hard to see the changes when we look in the mirror. You might reach your ideal body before you reach your ideal weight. :wink:
  • kaleigh91
    Options
    I used to weigh 46 before I put on a bit of weight.
    I don't want to be stick thin or anything, I just want to lose this flabby feeling as right now I am carrying extra weight.
    Thanks for the concern though guys xx
  • kaleigh91
    Options
    Yeah, I think at about 47/48 I'll be happy and just work on being healthy and not going back up (: xx
  • jenniferpayne5
    Options
    So your current BMI is 21.2 well with in a healthy range. My suggestion to you is to stay away from the scale. Go get your body fat percentages tested instead. Lift free weights to tone up and be as active as you feel comfortable with. Give your body plenty of healthy whole foods, eliminate the simple sugars and try to make sure you are getting enough healthy fats (avacado, olive oil, canola, nuts and whole grain, perhaps some flax seed). Sometimes if you are not getting enought (GOOD) fats in your diet your body wont let go of what it has packed away. The lowest you can weigh and still be considered healthy is roughly 100 lbs. Any lower than this any you are putting yourself at risk.
  • kaleigh91
    Options
    Very good advice, thanks very much (: xx
  • jenniferpayne5
    Options
    I forgot to tell you to recheck how tall you are. At age 20 it is possible that you are still growing. I grew three inches (about 8cm) in college between the ages of 18 and 22. Every inch (2.5cm) taller does add about 5 needed lbs (little over 2 kg) to your frame.
  • jess213tx
    jess213tx Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Try eating back your exercise calories if you're not already. I stopped losing when my deficit was too high!