Pounds just don't want to come off.... Uggghhhh, Need to ven

Options
I swear no matter what I do or what I eat the pounds just don't want to come off anymore....... I can see my tummy shrinking
but the scale doesn't seem to want to move. Don't understand how we can lose inches and not see numbers on the scale go
down. So frustrating, just needed to vent.

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    maybe adding a little muscle and toning
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic that you are seeing differences in your body! Honestly, I think the number on the scale is second to how you feel. You're building muscle and becoming a stronger healthier person- that's a huge accomplishment! I know it can be frustrating, but you are making such strides if you are losing inches. Congratulations on your progress thus far, stick with it and I know you will see results.
    Feel free to add me for support!
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    So there with you right now. Pants getting bigger, scale staying the same. Hang in there. I'd hate to be alone!
  • mrsfoose
    Options
    If you can see your body shrinking than don't worry about the scale. I'm convinced scales are evil machines that know on some level how to ruin your day.
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    Don't listen to the scale! As long as you see the difference in your clothes and can tell that your tummy is shrinking, what's the problem? Keep up the good work and eventually when you step back onto the scale, it will have moved.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Just think of it like this....would you rather be 10lbs less with the same gut or have a smaller gut and weigh the same? Personally I'm for the latter.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    My guess is you are toning. I honestly would not worry about what the number on the scale says - it will eventually catch up.

I have lost over 20 inches, but only 5 pounds. I feel 100 times better than I did a year ago. It took some time to come around to going by how I feel and how my clothes fit rather than the scale.

I suggest you stop weighing yourself constantly, maybe do it every 2 weeks (I quit for a month - continued checking in on the site I was using, tracked my food and exercise but just didn't step on the scale) . When I did after the month I was down almost a pound (which isn't a whole lot). But I was also down major inches and I didn't lose any motivation because the number didn't change.
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    If you can see your body shrinking than don't worry about the scale. I'm convinced scales are evil machines that know on some level how to ruin your day.

ditto!!
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I call myself "a skinny fat person". I am a size six, 5'3"but on the scale, at the doctor's office, I'm considered overweight. :cry: So I don't really 'listen' to my scale as I do my body! On my fortieth birthday I was the exact same weight I am now but not as toned and you can really see a difference. Hang in there!
  • jess213tx
    jess213tx Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    This happened to me between 10 - 12 pounds lost! Up your protein, add weight training (heavier weights if you're already doing some already), and just be patient.
  • Fatboyspike
    Options
    One single thing worked amazingly well for me...Yoga. I started off with 2 classes a week, went to 3 and have crept up to 5 and love it. I have now gone into reverse, upping the (good) calories to slow down the weight loss. As they say, the best workout is one that you look forward to and love doing. Hope you try it and hope you love it too...Namaste.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know ditch the scale Lol, I just don't get how we can lose inches but the numbers remain th same. I am
    walking/jogging almost everyday 2-4 miles and have dropped my calories way down and I have even dropped my sodium
    levels way down. Drink water and nothing else, sometimes a diet dr pepper or a sweet tea if we go out and thats it.

So frustrating!!! Thanks
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know ditch the scale Lol, I just don't get how we can lose inches but the numbers remain th same. I am
    walking/jogging almost everyday 2-4 miles and have dropped my calories way down and I have even dropped my sodium
    levels way down. Drink water and nothing else, sometimes a diet dr pepper or a sweet tea if we go out and thats it.

So frustrating!!! Thanks
    Sore muscles will retain water as well. Plus sometimes we're full of poop. :flowerforyou:
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, I was doing everything right and the weight stayed the same for two weeks, then bam I lost 2 kgs quickly. If you know you are doing the right thing it will eventually drop.

*loving* "sometimes we're full of poop"!!

GG
  • JANELLPOTTORFF
    Options
    Switch things up a bit! Sometimes your body gets used to the same foods, same daily calories, same exercise, etc. Someone else mentioned changing up the calories and I agree. Try some days with higher days and then a couple of lower days. You may just need to hit the "re-set" button for your weight loss. The scales will eventually move - they have to!
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options

So frustrating!!! Thanks
    Sore muscles will retain water as well. Plus sometimes we're full of poop. :flowerforyou:

Well i do that "Poop" thing too and i see a drop then it goes back up :grumble: I haven't lost any weight since June 25th besides going up and down with the same 4 pounds, Down 2 pound then up 1 and so on....
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Scale weight loss and fat loss aren't the same thing. Start tracking your body fat percentage, and you will see the difference between scale weight loss and fat loss. Just because the scale don't move, it doesn't mean that you aren't losing pounds of fat.

When you know your body fat percentage, you can see how much of your scale weight is from fat and how much is from lean body mass.

Formula:

Weight x Body fat percentage = Pounds of fat
    Weight - Pounds of fat = Lean body mass

If you to know more, please feel free to send me a message.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! My scale stopped moving back in May. I have tried everything under the sun to get it moving again, short of going very low cal. I have seen a difference on different parts of my body, a 1/4 inch here, 1/2 inch there. As long as I know I am doing everything "right" I try not to let it bother me. I have a deficit of 250 - 750 daily, get in a bit of cardio and strength training , and eat like 95% healthy. I figure the whole in vs out equasion has got to catch up sooner or later.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Options
    Scale weight loss and fat loss aren't the same thing. Start tracking your body fat percentage, and you will see the difference between scale weight loss and fat loss. Just because the scale don't move, it doesn't mean that you aren't losing pounds of fat.

When you know your body fat percentage, you can see how much of your scale weight is from fat and how much is from lean body mass.

Formula:

Weight x Body fat percentage = Pounds of fat
    Weight - Pounds of fat = Lean body mass

If you to know more, please feel free to send me a message.

How do I measure my body fat % and since i didn't measure from the beginning im sure it will be off, but I kinda of know
    about where my tummy measurements were anyway.
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options

This is fact!! Its built into the mechanism. Only last week I had to have a word with mine. They refused to budge even though I knew they should. I stood there giving them enough time to change their minds but, no, they just stared right back. So I told them they were just being mean and arsey and put them back in the box. I refuse to take notice of them anymore. I feel like I've lost weight and my friends have said that I look like I have and that's good enough for me.