Tired all the time :(

Options
Ugh. O.K. So I am tired, like physically, all the time. I feel like no matter how much sleep I get (5-9 hours depending on the day of the week) I am always so fatigued. My body feels like it weighs a thousand pounds ( ok, i KNOW i am overweight but damn :) ) and i feel like at any time i could lay down and pass out. I try drinking more water, eating more, taking vitamins, asking my doc who did labs and everything is normal, the only thing is a decrease in thyroid function which is still in the normal range, like wtf... nearly everyone in my family has thyroid issues. I though that might be it but im a good solid point under the highest numbers in the range. Now im just aggitated because over the past months im more and more tired, and now it seems like its all for no reason.
It keeps me from getting up in the morning and working out, or even going out and doing fun stuff because i am "too tired"

just a vent, what the hell :( ??

Replies

• bestrodeo
    bestrodeo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Im sorry youre tired all the time.. I wish i had some advice for ya i havent been able to figure it out on my end.. Im here for ya if ya just need someone to talk too
  • searbear1980
    Options
    I had a similar problem and my doc recommended Vitamin B. I now take a vitamin b-complex twice a day and can actually move and don't always feel like passing out. Hope this helps a little.
  • daultman2
    Options
    Hi Heather - I know the feeling and I had every kind of test run on me but everything was normal. Tried exercising and that didn't seem to help either. If you find out anything, let me know. I think it's because I've put on so much weight but even the doctor doesn't believe that's it. Thanks for sharing, even tho you were venting. Thought I was the only person!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Enough water? Vitamins? You can try vitamin B complex. Listen to your body though for sure and make certain that you are getting good quality sleep. Regarding exercise~ I find I sleep better and more soundly due to exercising. Feel better!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    1 - Did your doc check your iron? Even being mildly anemic can make you really tired.

2- You mention quite a range in sleep hours. Having an irregular sleep schedule can make you more tired. Also, if you are sleep deprived on some nights, it takes more than just that much extra sleep to make up for it. Missing 3 hours takes >3 extra elsewhere to make it up. And extra nights short on sleep compounds the problem. Is there any way you can make your sleep schedule more regular?
  • cindywhitney
    cindywhitney Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I go through these phases esp. during losing weight. Are you getting enough calories? I upped my calories and feel MUCH better. I lost 30 pounds this last winter, worked out a lot, and did fine on 1200 calories for a while, but then hit a wall. I had no energy and wanted to sleep the day away. I limped along and finally decided to up my calories. WOW...what a diffrence! It was amazing how my body responded to more good fuel! I hurt my back during the summer, however, and eventually gained some of the weight back :( SO, I'm at it again, but this time i'm eating MUCH more and making sure my NET calories are around 1200 (or more) and I feel SO much better! The thread about eating 2000 calories was a big help. You can look it up in the Search option.

The other thing could be some sort of an allergy? dairy? gluten? You never know, might be something that your body isn't tolerating well.

Good job, though, and all the weight you have already lost!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Normal for thyroid can go up to 4. If my numbers go above 1 I am so tired I can't function. So my doctor now makes sure that my numbers stay at 1 or less. Just because they are in the "normal" range doesn't mean they are normal for you.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I encourage you to get a second opinion on your thyroid - an Endicronologist (sp?) is better. A doctor almost killed me not taking my thyroid serious. Your thyroid controls every cell in your body and at your age, if your thyroid is showing a decrease in functioning already, you need another opinion. After I crashed and burned with my thyroid, my sister got hers checked again by another doctor (previous doctor told her she had no thyroid problems) and she did have major thyroid problems. Once it was straightened out, it changed her life. I don't get doctors and thyroid issues. I guess there is no money to made or something. Your thyroid is so important that every new born baby's thyroid is tested. Why - undiagnosed on a tiny baby can lead to mental retardation.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I encourage you to get a second opinion on your thyroid - an Endicronologist (sp?) is better. A doctor almost killed me not taking my thyroid serious. Your thyroid controls every cell in your body and at your age, if your thyroid is showing a decrease in functioning already, you need another opinion. After I crashed and burned with my thyroid, my sister got hers checked again by another doctor (previous doctor told her she had no thyroid problems) and she did have major thyroid problems. Once it was straightened out, it changed her life. I don't get doctors and thyroid issues. I guess there is no money to made or something. Your thyroid is so important that every new born baby's thyroid is tested. Why - undiagnosed on a tiny baby can lead to mental retardation.

So can having a bad thyroid while pregnant. Most people don't seem to understand exactly how important the thyroid is and just how horrible you can feel if it is even off a little. I have to drive 2 hours away to see my endo because the doctors around here don't know the thyroid from an earlobe. It is well worth the drive though, my endo is fantastic!
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Ugh. O.K. So I am tired, like physically, all the time. I feel like no matter how much sleep I get (5-9 hours depending on the day of the week) I am always so fatigued.

This is a classic CFS (Chronic Fatigue) complaint, but 5 hours is a very small amount of sleep, and as someone else has said it takes a lot to catch up.

I'm sorry that you are tired - especially missing out on fun stuff, because that makes you feel even worse, and more tired into the margin. You seem to be doing the right things though, on here eating a healthy diet, more water, and importantly talking to your doctor. Keep doing this last bit - they need to rule out things which don't show up in blood tests too.

I did notice in our food diary you are taking Oxyelite Pro - Super Thermogenic. I know very little about these, but they do have caffeine in. How long have you taken them - and is there any corolation with the tiredness? Hopeful someone more knowledgeable than me can advise if there could be any link.

Keep looking after yourself
    Jodye
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Heatherbledsoe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I showed her my labs (i work for her! nifty huh?) and she said good ting i showed because it keeps getting worse with my thyroid tests so she put me on synthroid, hopefully it helps! Thanks for everyones replies!
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Heatherbledsoe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I just started taking last week, fatigue has been going on for MONTHS :( but ijust said she started me on synthroid so i hope it works! :)
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you. Hope you're feeling better soon

take care
  • jess213tx
    jess213tx Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It looks to me like you're not eating enough carbs. I usually get like this when I'm having a low carb day. Try eating some wheat toast/brown rice/oatmeal.
  • kaspily
    kaspily Posts: 24
    Options
    May also want to request that your vitamin D levels get checked as well as your cortisol levels. I kept having "normal" thyroid tests but when my doctor checked my vitamin D and my cortisol these were abnormal. Be persistent and keep seeking a solution.