I'm new here would love to have friends to chat with.

Options
I'm a 52yr old female wanting to get back some of the curves I had before I gained 40 pounds. My starting weight was 166lbs and so far in 3 weeks I have lost 9 lbs. My goal is to loose 30lbs by January. I am a mother of 3 grown children and have 3 grandsons with a 4th one on the way. I quit smoking almost 4 yrs ago and slowly put on the weight, and now plan to loose it all. I am finding that things are not as easy as when you are younger but I will perservere. It would be great to hook up with anyone with similar story to mine, or anyone wanting to motivate each other.:smile:

Replies

• Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Welcome & Good Luck!
  • Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options
    Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • txgvr2009
    Options
    I share your pain. I'm 30 years old and I admit due to family and work have added extra pounds. I have lost 12 pounds so far. I love my fitness pal. I plan to keep using it even after I reach my weight loss goal. I would like to congradulate Imuffin for quitting smoiking. I know that is not an easy task to do. Normally, when people quite smoking they gain weight. This is because nicotine is an appetite suppressant. For Imuffin, try diet drinks. I have a new love for coke zero and cherry coke zero. I also found a new love for walking. I live on a mountain, it kicks my but, i burn do many calories. I'm doing my walk quicker so I gotta make it longer.
  • rowenadziubla
    rowenadziubla Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. If you ever feel like chatting, I'm here.
  • shuttlefan
    Options
    Welcome aboard. :happy:
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You will find this a very helpful and insightful site. I love it. Keep up the good work!
  • kritik
    kritik Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcom to MFP! I'm pretty new here, too! Loving it, so far!!
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I joined a few days ago, I've found it very helpful just keeping track of my food. I hope that you have a wonderful experience here. ENJOY!!!!
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Welcome, 51 yr old here. Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Feel free to add me.