Cycling

Options
Does anyone know if cycling is GREAT for losing inches. How long did it take you guys? I have 1.5 more inches to go, and was trying to lose it by my birthday in December. Does anyone know if it is possible? I will be doing other exercises, but cycling will be my heaviest and atleast 2-3 times a week for a full hour.

Replies

• SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • slimothy89
    Options
    Bump

What is a bump?
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Bump = "Bring Up My Posts"

So if there's a subject that I'm interested in (like yours) I can "Bump" it so that I can easily find the post later on and read what other people put in response :-)
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Just something to keep the post up. Most likely interested in answers as well.

Cycling is a GREAT way to burn calories and so naturally, you'll help lose fat with it. I think you should be able to do it by december, although if it's the last 1.5 inch it might prove hard.
  • evil_rider
    Options
    Does anyone know if cycling is GREAT for losing inches. How long did it take you guys? I have 1.5 more inches to go, and was trying to lose it by my birthday in December. Does anyone know if it is possible? I will be doing other exercises, but cycling will be my heaviest and atleast 2-3 times a week for a full hour.

Cycling can burn a lot of calories if you put in a solid effort. If you combine cycling w/ proper nutrition; the logical result will be a healthier you. I'd imagine this will translate into inches lost and fat burned. Woot! Get after it...............
  • mary_kate23
    Options
    i've been cycling religiously for 3-4 weeks and have noticed a difference. i go anywhere from 30 mins to an hour or two, about 5-6 days/week. burns an awesome amount of calories. i've lost the inches in my waist, but not in thighs yet. i believe that can be attributed to muscle toning.
  • slimothy89
    Options
    Bump = "Bring Up My Posts"

So if there's a subject that I'm interested in (like yours) I can "Bump" it so that I can easily find the post later on and read what other people put in response :-)

Oh ok. I thought you were saying that I was going to get a bump...inn the back in the front..lol (Fergie)
  • slimothy89
    Options
    i've been cycling religiously for 3-4 weeks and have noticed a difference. i go anywhere from 30 mins to an hour or two, about 5-6 days/week. burns an awesome amount of calories. i've lost the inches in my waist, but not in thighs yet. i believe that can be attributed to muscle toning.

Awesome, that's all I needed to hear.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I mountain bike and it is a great workout!
  • subzerolv
    subzerolv Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Cycling is a great way to lose pounds and inches! One of the great advantages of cycling is that it really targets the visceral fat that surrounds your organs. This is the deep-tissue fat that contributes to heart disease, diabetes, and other health issues.

Of course it also melts away the subcutaneous fat. The fat just below the surface of the skin. This is where you'll lose the inches at.

Hope this helps.