X-box 360 headphone recommendations?

Options
auntdeedee87
auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
Christmas shopping! Not sure how many of you are gamers, but I need some help find a good, preferably wired, headset for less than $60.00

Considering this? : http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Turtle+Beach+-+Ear+Force+X12+Gaming+Headset+for+Xbox+360/3302112.p?id=1218394225104&skuId=3302112&st=turtle beach&cp=1&lp=5#BVRRWidgetID

Anyone have input?

Replies

• kristennwinter
    kristennwinter Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has an earlier version of those and he loves them!! he's really into gaming too, so they're probably a good buy!!
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    The X12's are good for regular headsets....but seriously, you need some surround sound ones...They are amazing Like the X31's or X41's....But those are way more $$..
  • ezyed2004
    Options
    the turtle beach are nice or you could try out one of the PX series, but the tritions are really good.
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    He doesn't really NEED anything new... He is content with the basic ones that came with the Xbox and has never complained. But recently he has been gaming a LOT and will be buying the new CoD on the 4th, so I want to surprise him with an upgrade for Christmas for his ears, too.

I just want something nicer, good quality, that's not a waste of money. I looked at some of these that are $100-$300, I'm not gonna spend as much on a headset as I could on buying him a brand new system...
  • kelceystevens73
    kelceystevens73 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    PX5 are my Fav....they go for $250 but I saw them at a trade show last week for $199.....X12 are ok for the money but surround sound is the way to go. What type of games does the person play?
  • AnitaAntone
    AnitaAntone Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Turtle beach has been the fave since purchased last yearfor christmas, got a pair for 79.99 that works on xbox,ps3 and computer. my sons says they help him to play better even and they haven't broke like the other brands we've tried,money well spent

3697427.png
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    He plays Call of Duty and plays 20+ rounds of zombies on Live with friends who live far away since he moved here.
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    My boyfriend has an earlier version of those and he loves them!! he's really into gaming too, so they're probably a good buy!!

I'm thinking they are a good deal for the price, I haven't found any in the same range with better reviews.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I have the Turtle Beach X41. LOVE them. There is a newer one out as well, but the prices go up rapidly from there. Look at Gameinformer.com for reviews and pricing. If he's going to be playing, go with the wireless if you can. Money well spent.
  • ezyed2004
    Options
    for COD Trition makes one that is surround sound and it has 4 speakers in each side of the head set and you can control the volume of each one so if he keeps getting hit or knifed from the back or one side you can turn up the volume on that side. the down fall the mic its self isn't as good as the turtle beach but the sound is way better. try going into a game store like game stop and ask the people there and look at the prices.
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    I have the Turtle Beach X41. LOVE them. There is a newer one out as well, but the prices go up rapidly from there. Look at Gameinformer.com for reviews and pricing. If he's going to be playing, go with the wireless if you can. Money well spent.

My only concern with the wireless is that I've read a lot of reviews complaining about sustaining battery power over long gaming sessions, and long charge times.
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    I bought the Turtle Beach Ear Force X11 earlier this year, and they serve their purpose quite well. They're not quite surround sound, but they have great dynamic range, stereo separation is above average, VOIP sounds pretty decent, and they're pretty durable. The newer X12's are supposed to be their replacements and run a bit less money than the X11's.