oats

Options
ofatme
ofatme Posts: 12
Ok so I think it is good to eat oatmeal , if i put splenda brown sugar mix in it, is that gooing to b bad? Any other ideas to make it good?

Replies

• Llama74
    Llama74 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I always use the splenda brown sugar on it. A tiny bit goes a long way. I was stil able to lose weight eating it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Just log it in your diary and see how it fits.

I like adding peanut butter and banana or turbinado sugar or maple syrup

Sometimes I add in whey, but that's kind of an acquired taste.
  • bigbugboo
    bigbugboo Posts: 161
    Options
    A drizzle of runny honey is delicious!
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Options
    Blueberries, cinnamon, raisins, maybe a little bit of peanut butter get creative with it. I honestly love oatmeals as my first meal I take a scoop and a half of chocolate protein powder add water to it then microwave it then microwave my quick oats add them together and sprinkle some cinnamon on top of it all absolutely delicious!
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal too. Using a little splenda or a little real sugar won't harm you, the secret is using moderation in all things. Try some fruit like frozen or fresh blueberries too.
  • melissa_leah
    Options
    i love oatmeal with peaches & cinnamon :D
  • liaalyn
    liaalyn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I would keep it like that for a little but slowly get yourself off of sweetener. My normal oatmeal consits of just water, cinnamon, 1tbps organic peanut butter..and SOMETIMES if I'm really hungry and want it sweet, half a banana. So good.
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon. It is an appetite suppressant and good for blood sugars.
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Cut up apples, dried cranberries, and a tsp of REAL brown sugar (I can't stand the taste of fake sugar).
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I had it with applesauce and cinnamon this morning. It tasted great, but it looked kind of pukey.
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I eat it every morning and use a teaspoon or real brown sugar, leaves me at under 200 calories, a little of the real thing is not bad, your body actually processes it easier than fake stuff
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon with some sweetener. I like it savory as well. Tonight I added some seasonings and an ounce of grated cheddar to it to go with my lamb chops and some grilled onions and peppers on top.
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is an excellent food to eat. Personally I use a small amount of light brown sugar. Light brown sugar only has 15 calories per teaspoon. I also add a dash of cinnamon. You could throw in fresh or dried berries instead of natural or artificial sweetner. Fresh strawberries are particularly tasty in oatmeal with a little bit of milk in my opinion. I've read about more savory options, like adding cheese or herbs, but I've never tried them myself. I eat a bowl of oatmeal (1/2 cup dried mixed with water and 1% milk) nearly every morning for breakfast. It keeps me full for 4+ hours. I also eat oatmeal for dinner one or two nights a week when I don't feel like cooking. Yummy!
  • skinnygirl1965
    skinnygirl1965 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal on a regular basis. I cook up a pot of steel cut oats and use 1/4 per day. Just pop it in the microwave...it is convenient.
    I ususally throw on some frozen blueberries or raspberries, some plain non fat yogurt and about a tsp. of agave nector...it is delicious, nutricious and sticks with you all morning.
  • sandi228
    sandi228 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    adding a banana adds alot of flavor, splenda, also I bought immitation maple flavoriing to replace syrup. YUMMY!!!
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal every morning too. I usually have it with almond milk, cinnamon, and two stevia packets. Sometimes use pumpkin pie spice instead of just cinnamon and add 1/4 cup of canned pumpkin. I have also been known to mix in berries or banana. Unsweetened natural cocoa is a nice change of pace if you like chocolate. I used to stir polaner all fruit spread into plain oatmeal - no extra sweetener needed. If I want a little crunch I might add four or five pecan halves.

Yummy! My mouth is watering...
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I really like Muselli

rolled oats
    vanilla greek yogurt
    skim milk
    bluberries
    nuts / seeds

Combine and leave in fridge all night. It is delicious and has quite a bit more protein than standard oatmeal
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    The taste of dark brown sugar is stronger than light brown sugar. This may help a bit. Maple syrup (or extract) adds good flavor.

Oatmeal is great. You can cook it in skim milk if you need more protein. I can't stand the aftertaste of protein powders (whey)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal every morning too. I usually have it with almond milk, cinnamon, and two stevia packets. Sometimes use pumpkin pie spice instead of just cinnamon and add 1/4 cup of canned pumpkin. I have also been known to mix in berries or banana. Unsweetened natural cocoa is a nice change of pace if you like chocolate. I used to stir polaner all fruit spread into plain oatmeal - no extra sweetener needed. If I want a little crunch I might add four or five pecan halves.

Yummy! My mouth is watering...

I gotta try oatmeal with pumpkin this weekend .... thanks for the reminder!
  • ofatme
    ofatme Posts: 12
    Options
    What is the difference in using Organic peanut butter or peter pan?