4 Net Carbs 1 Pint Ice Cream 157 Calories

Options
brucedelaney
brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
4 oz Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 Scoop Body Fortress Protein Powder (Your flavor Choice)
6 Ice Cubes

Pour all ingredients in your blender and whip the ish out of it.... pour into a dish and put in the freezer for about 15 mins or until desired hardness. Enjoy....

Makes about 16oz 1g Dietary fiber, 5g Carbs total, 26g Protein, 3.5g fat. 157ish calories

only tested with body fortress and nutrients are based on body fortress I'm sure other powders will work.

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Thank you. It sounds yummy.
  • mcivabowden
    Options
    awesome, thanks! Im going to try it out tomorrow!!
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    bump!
    i am going to try this out, it better be good, brucedelaney, im counting on you! :wink:
  • jodie0520
    jodie0520 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Never would have thought to use almond milk. Great recipe. Thanks!
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Options
    This is awesome and the calorie break down sounds a lot like Arctic Zero ice cream. I've actually been browsing the web for some easy ways to make that kind of ice cream without having to pay the ridiculous $5 per pint price of arctic zero I will certainly be giving this a try, thanks!
  • koalasue
    koalasue Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Do you know how many sugar grams?
  • brucedelaney
    Options
    This is awesome and the calorie break down sounds a lot like Arctic Zero ice cream. I've actually been browsing the web for some easy ways to make that kind of ice cream without having to pay the ridiculous $5 per pint price of arctic zero I will certainly be giving this a try, thanks!

That was the inspiration for it...
    Sounds good. Do you know how many sugar grams?

The almond milk has none so it's dependent on the Whey Protein powder you choose. The Strawberry body fortress I used tonight was 2g sugars.
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I make ice cream out of my protein powder and almondmilk too.... I have found if I put it in my food processor instead of my blender and let it run for several minutes it gets more air in it, thus creamier and it feelsl ike you get more and if I add a tiny bit of yogurt to the mix it gets even creamier!
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i wish i liked protein powder. i usually don't have any problem getting protein from the food i eat but there are always such yummy sounding shakes with protein powder and i just don't like it.
  • brucedelaney
    Options
    I make ice cream out of my protein powder and almondmilk too.... I have found if I put it in my food processor instead of my blender and let it run for several minutes it gets more air in it, thus creamier and it feelsl ike you get more and if I add a tiny bit of yogurt to the mix it gets even creamier!

I almost threw a tablespoon of Greek yogurt in there too but wanted to see how it'd come out.... How does your food processor do with the ice?
  • emilyc92
    emilyc92 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    i'm definitely going to try this! thanks!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    adding frozen banana, a bit more ice or milk & xanthum gum is another way to get mass volume :)
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Bump Thanks
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • peterson_jessica
    Options
    After I read this I mixed together 8 oz. unsweetened almond milk, 4 packets of Truvia (2 or 3 would have been plenty) and a dash of vanilla extract into a bowl. I put it in the freezer and stirred it every half hour-ish until it was the consistency I wanted. I added two crushed vanilla wafers, sugar free chocolate syrup and chopped walnuts on top. It was actually very good!
  • just2liveagain
    Options
    bump