such a weird response...

Options
So, today my Facebook status was something along the lines of "down 15lbs!! off to Lululemon for some cute workout clothes so I can lose 15 more!"

So this girl (not a close friend, more an acquaintance) writes, "15lbs since Labor Day?! Are you at the gym all day, or starving yourself, or both?" I wrote & said nope, I work out maybe an hour a day and eat around 1,400 calories. But really, who writes something like that?

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    jealous, unmotivated people do!

Way to go, I can't wait to get some lululemon :)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    People who are secretly extremely jealous of your massive accomplishment...
    She's trying to make you feel bad because she feels bad about herself (and wants your tips so she can lose some lbs without giving you and credit).
    Don't take it personally, you are doing incredibly! So much so that you're making other girls hate your guts :D
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    the people who think that it is impossible to do without some kind of magic pill :laugh:
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    A confident person would have said "congrats on the weight loss"

she is jealous.

btw that is awesome, congrats!
  • ncole3
    ncole3 Posts: 164
    Options
    Only haters who lack discipline to put in the work themselves say stupidness like that!!!! Great loss...I know it takes hard work girl....
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Agree...jealous and a possible b***h. btw good job
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Of course I don't know this person, so you have a better idea than I do. But I can see how she could have meant "that is an amazing amount to lose so fast, how the heck did you do that??" But she said it poorly.
  • ksmith2187
    Options
    Thats brilliant - anyone who isnt impressed by that is just jealous. Kudos.. and here's to 15 more! :)
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have had a few of those from time to time. . . I call them the "jealous *kitten*" :D
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Jerks...
  • jjbraid
    jjbraid Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I can't even mention my weight loss to a coworker because she always calls me nasty names when I do. Instead, other people walk by me and comment on how good I look. I smile and say thanks secretly smirking in her direction. But I honestly know the feeling. It sucks to me around people who look better than I used to look. Now I am actually getting to be that person that other people dont want to be around. It is kinda like when a group of girls goes out and one of them is the skinny one. This might be me in another ten pounds. Sorry, didnt mean to toot my own horn, but hey it needs blowing..
  • Bluejay789
    Options
    Jealous! Your real friends will say congratulations and tell you how proud they are of you.

Defriend the person from facebook just like you delete the people off of your friend list on MFP who are not committed and do not sign for weeks.

You will always get such a better response on MFP than FB because people on MFP really are excited and on the same journey of changing their lifestyles than the people on FB.

By the way.... CONGRATULATIONS! You are one of the people on MFP that has helped motivate me to lose the weight!

Thanks again!

Claire
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    The jealous kind....

CONGRATS THOUGH!! Hard work pays off!!!
  • Danelyh
    Danelyh Posts: 27
    Options
    Well, Congratulations, you should be proud of yourself.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    whoop! thats a great loss! :happy:

that other chick is probably jealous...so just ignore her! i would be annoyed too though. :grumble:
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    Of course I don't know this person, so you have a better idea than I do. But I can see how she could have meant "that is an amazing amount to lose so fast, how the heck did you do that??" But she said it poorly.

I was giving her the benefit of the doubt and thinking this.. lol

Congrats though! Keep up the
  • melmarie4
    Options
    she's just jealous! she wishes she could lose that much. 15 pounds since labor day is a reasonable amount of time. not everyone can lose weight that fast but plenty of people can lose that much in a healthy way depending how how well they stick to their diet and exercise. who cares what she thinks anyway! enjoy your much deserved cute new workout clothes :)