Christmas book list

Options
smuehlbauer
smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
Hey there. I am looking for some good books to ask for as Christmas gifts.
What are your suggestions?
Fiction or non-fiction.

Replies

• kirakaydawn
    Options
    Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov :heart:
  • jnthwaite
    jnthwaite Posts: 111
    Options
    I like the Gregory Maguire books.

*Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister.
    Wicked: The life and times of the Wicked Witch of the West.

I have read both of these (11 years ago), but loved them.

My favourite book series is Robert Jordan's Wheel of time series. Kinda like Lord of the Rings. 13 books though. :) Waiting for #13.
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    the broken heart series by Michele Bardsley.
    The Historian was a great book.
    Abraham Lincoln vampire slayer is pretty creative.
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Steph I'm reading How to be a Woman by Caitlin Moran at the moment. Very much making me chuckle! Light hearted in parts and very feminist in others!

Others have recommended to me - but I haven't got to reading yet - The Namesake, Notes on a Scandal and The Believers.

Happy reading!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Anyone else? And also to give as gifts... Last year I had a ton of responses! LOL. You guys helped me finish my Christmas shopping with book ideas....I need some more! Haahaa.
    I need books that are good for all ages...
    5(girl)
    6(girl)
    8(boy)
    8(girl)
    29 brother
    Mom, dad, g-ma & g-pa, Keith and me....gotta buy yourself a present too....
    Last year I started giving everyone books for Christmas and I'd like to continue that....
    HELP!
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    Anyone else? And also to give as gifts... Last year I had a ton of responses! LOL. You guys helped me finish my Christmas shopping with book ideas....I need some more! Haahaa.
    I need books that are good for all ages...
    5(girl)
    6(girl)
    8(boy)
    8(girl)
    29 brother
    Mom, dad, g-ma & g-pa, Keith and me....gotta buy yourself a present too....
    Last year I started giving everyone books for Christmas and I'd like to continue that....
    HELP!

A book I loved when I was like 8-9 & I still own it today and read it occasionally is "Just Listen by Sarah Dessen"
    Sarah Dessen is AMAZING!
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    There's always the new Shel Silverstein's book called Every Thing On It. I've always loved Shel Silverstein's stuff when I was a kid. Might be worth a shot.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    For kids, I am in agreement on the Shel Silverstein.
    Another one that the younger kids might really like is Dr. Seuss' "My Book About Me" It let's them fill in personal information and makes for a nice thing to look back on-they trace an outline of their foot and hand, and it talks about things in their house and they have to count how many. I like all the Seuss books, but that one is a favorite.
    As far as adult reading, I read Girl with a Dragon Tattoo and Girl who played with Fire, the sequel, they are quite good.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I loved The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck. I bought it last year. He also has a little kid's version. I'm giving that one to my grandkids this year.