Really sad and ashamed and need support

Options
I haven't logged on in over a month...Not doing so well... I feel really sad and ashamed of my weight gain...I hide my eating from others by only going to the kitchen when nobody is around... I feel just so fat and disgusting.... Sometimes I don't even wanna go out in public because of my appearance...I take so many medications that cause weight gain... and i have really bad fibromyalgia that seems to be affecting my daily life more and more these days... I just wanna be happy when i look in the mirror.... I don't want to hide and cry and eat my feelings, but it has been very tough these past few weeks...I could really use some support and understanding because I am just a mess :[

Replies

• tova71952
    Options
    Hihi
  • zoey36918
    Options
    Hey! I do not know much about Fibromyalgia but I am here if you need a friend! I am also on the weight loss track. I recently had an injury that curbed my training for a few days and I got depressed, cranky and thought I was gaining back all the weight I lost. I went out for my first run this morning and everything bad I felt went away.

Add me if you want! Beautiful, powerful and self-motivated women need to stick together!!

Shawna
  • tova71952
    Options
    Lets try this again. i know exactly how you feel. i could have written your post. i'll be your buddy.
  • DdoubleU77
    Options
    SA...take a deep breath and let yourself know that it's ok to fall off the truck bed every now and then. Having said that, I'm a black or white kind of woman. Crap or get off the pot. YOU have to be pro-active about your cause.

Showing self pity will get you no where...and QUICK! I don't mean to be so abrupt but I was stuck in that slump for a long time and (even worse) I settled with my extra weight. I realize that no one cared more to lobby about my cause than MYSELF!

Do it for YOU!

YOU deserve it!

You can add me if you want...I can motivate others WAY more than I can motivate myself...that's why I am here.
  • mrsredneckmorris
    mrsredneckmorris Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Not sure what to say to cheer you up, I peeked at your profile and it would seem that you have a lot going for you! Things will get better, we all have super ****ty days....(I had a ****ty year)....we just have to forget the negative or at least use it to drive us towards the positive:)
    Keep your eyes on your goal, you WILL get there!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend if you want. I'm going through a few of the things you are... I've gained back some weight and am having a hard time staying motivated to keep it off, I turn down food when it's offered to me and eat later when nobody is around, and I'm on a medication that causes weight gain (for my anxiety).
  • californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I have Fibromyalgia too, it helps to exercise. It makes the pain a little more bearable. Add me as a friend if you want to talk. I used to feel like you did!
  • SmartAlex999
    Options
    Thank you all for your support and kind words. It means a lot to me and I am feeling better already just after reading your messages. I was feeling very bad when i wrote that, but thanks to you all, I really feel stronger and more motivated to do better and stay positive! Thank you Thank you Thank you! <3

Best Wishes and Much Love,
    Alex
  • LilacLizabeth
    LilacLizabeth Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    don't look back, look forward!

We can do this!

friend me!
  • TOBUNNZYE
    Options
    Hello there. I do understand your feelings because I've been there so many times. Why in the world would I not want to go to the gym because I hate the way I look? I didnt want to go shopping because the stores have windows and - dig this - every time I passed a window I sucked my gut in. Who am I fooling? My fibromyal slows me down a lot when I try to do something that "normal" people do, so really I just knock it off and do light cardio now. Sometimes I get pissed and want to do other stuff and I'll try, and end up with two or three days of excruciating pain, like just happened last week. But I found happiness even though I've only lost a few measley pounds since June. I put my music in my ears and I dance and work up a sweat. I walk the best I can (leg muscles messed up) and I ride stationary bike - all to music. and I chair dance - groovy!! that makes me forget about what I look like, and I am improving in my body structure. I've gotten into this southbeach challenge and its very nice. You are back on line now, log in every day if you can, and reap the rewards when it says - "you have logged in 10 days in a row" - etc. Don't look back on what you havent done. Lets just do it now and on forward. Blessings.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time :(
    Just know that YOU and YOU only control how you feel about yourself, and what you choose to do about it.
    It can be frustrating to feel like you have no control, but take small steps every day to change things for the better.
    Feel free to add me and message me any time you need to talk. Remember, you have the power, and you CAN do this!
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    This makes me so sad...I understand feeling discouraged and ashamed of your appearance, and it's something that only you are really able to overcome. You are worth feeling good about yourself, you are worthy of compliments. The physical state you're in does not have to be permanent unless you choose for it to be. I think the first step is recognizing your problems, and you're there. Now you just have to keep moving forward. Don't sabotage yourself or your own happiness. This is something you can accomplish!
  • twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    I too have fibromyalgia and there are days I literally can't get out of bed. I understand completely. But I recently started playing tennis, baseball and bowling on the Wii (I play sitting down most days) and I work up quite a sweat. I've noticed when I play those games on the Wii, the stretching makes me feel much better. It's only been a couple weeks and I'm noticing my clothes fit a little better and I have a little more energy. Don't hide your head in shame, stand tall and start moving forward. Reach out to us..we know exactly what you're going through
  • tova71952
    Options
    I have bipolar disorder and the combination of my meds and shorter days is really affecting my motivation. Lets hang in together.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    good for you for coming back! Please, try to let go of the shame. We are only human. Back sliding happens some times. You are taking a step to get back on track! Each time you prepare a meal, every time you wake up, every time you go into a store or walk past it, you have the opportunity to make a choice. That is a LOT of times to be expected to make the right choice every time. First day of the rest of your life and all that stuff.

i don't know a lot about your condition, i know my mother in law struggles with it and it is practically crippling. I am sure you will find friends here who can relate.

feel free to add me as a buddy, I am sometimes a freaking ray of bloody sunshine! (other days, a bit of a little storm cloud, but I don't claim to be perfect either!)

(((hugs)))
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    First of all, big hugs to you. Beating yourself up will not help and will only erode your self-esteem. It sounds like you have a lot of barriers to losing weight. I have chronic neck/back pain and I also take meds that cause weight gain. It can be so discouraging, but you can do it! One day at a time, one step at a time, one choice at a time. You are worthy of the effort that it will take to get to where you want to be!
  • SmartAlex999
    Options
    I wish I could hug each of you. You are all so kind and thoughtful, it blows me away. I want you all to know that you have impacted me in a big way and I cannot thank you enough for being there for me. I wish you all the best and if you would like to stay in touch, i'd be honored to become your friend <3