what kind of multivitamin do u take if any?

Options
just curious! i take one source ultimate women's multi supports energy metabolism heart n bone health. odd thing is tmi warning coming up...............it turns my pee neon yellow its so weird. dont kno if thats healthy!

Replies

• jmademski
    Options
    Shaklee vitalizer
  • vintx
    vintx Posts: 34
    Options
    pretty much any multi-vitamin will turn your pee yellow. you are going to pee out any vitamins you can't absorb. so your vitamin is totally fine. ;)
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    a woman's multivitamin, vitamin c, and a vitamin for skin/hair/nails.
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Nature's Plus Source of Life Gold. I can't believe the boost in energy I get from these....and I only take half the dosage (I take the mini-tabs - they aren't that mini, but I take 3 of the 6 full dose).
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    vitamin B can make your pee neon yellow if your body isn't absorbing it all
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Supplements tend to do that. Before I was put on supplements from my doctor, I was taking Alive! Women's Energy multivitamin. It was one of the few "energy" multivitamins that did not contain caffeine.
  • busymnmom
    busymnmom Posts: 133
    Options
    bump
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Jamiesons Super Vita Vim.
  • netterd
    Options
    I'm taking the GNC Active Women Multi-Vitamin pack. It is amazing! Gives me energy and burns fat. Check it out.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    target women's one a day, an extra vitamin D, resveratrol (red wine extract), and flax oil
  • AureliaCotta
    AureliaCotta Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The CVS generic version of Centrum Complete, plus an additional calcium supplement.
  • Redlybird
    Options
    Women's UltraMega VitaPak from GNC. It's a pretty big pack filled with large vitamins... but when I take them, I feel so much better and crave less. Also, they make my urine really bright/neon, but I notice that it's more bright on days that I'm not drinking enough water (obviously). So drink PLENTY of water if you're worried about it, but it's pretty normal.
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    pretty much any multi-vitamin will turn your pee yellow. you are going to pee out any vitamins you can't absorb. so your vitamin is totally fine. ;)

oh ok thanks! and thank u all for sharing!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I only take a kid's vitamin since I eat quite a lot of fruits, vegetables and legumes. I also take chromium and green tea.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Pass on the vitamin. Take a shot of whiskey everyday.
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Women's UltraMega VitaPak from GNC. It's a pretty big pack filled with large vitamins... but when I take them, I feel so much better and crave less. Also, they make my urine really bright/neon, but I notice that it's more bright on days that I'm not drinking enough water (obviously). So drink PLENTY of water if you're worried about it, but it's pretty normal.

oh ok ya i freaked me out the first time it happend lol
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    Trader Joe's Iron free.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I don't take any. I have in the past but can't say it's ever made any difference to my level of energy or general heath.

I tend to think that they are mostly over-priced and over-marketed and unless you actually have a vitamin or mineral deficiency they aren't going to do any good.

Of course, for most people they also don't do any harm (although if you take too many different ones you might be overdosing on some particular vitamins and that's not always a good thing) but I don't see the point in giving my hard earned cash to multinational corporations if there is no particular benefit for me.

If I get diagnosed with a specific deficiency I'll start taking something but until then I'd rather spend my money on actual food and get my vitamins that way.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    I take the GNC Vitapak for Active Women.
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I take Vitamin D once daily with yogurt and milk (Dr. Oz said that if you take it with calcium it wil be absorbed into your system much better) and I also take the Walmart brand of One a Day Metabolism.