dumb advice

Options
whats the dumbest advice anyone every gave you? like a person who is so unhealthy and they tell you, you know you should watch what i eat and try to do the same and you will find yourself much more healthy.

Replies

• i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Don't wash your fruits and vegetables, just rinse them under cold water. o_O
  • lucylue21
    lucylue21 Posts: 214
    Options

pahaha rinsing them is halfway washing them and the average apple is picked up 9 times before you buy it in the store. um im washing my apple thank you
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    you should eat a salad for lunch everyday
    you should eat breakfast everyday or your body will go into starvation
    crunches get rid of belly fat
    eat 1000 calories a day and you'll have your ideal body
  • bullseyegirlie
    Options
    That I really need to exercise more....from a pack a day smoker!
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    "Be Careful!" .... yeah right, cause like before you said that I was gonna go off wild and reckless, but now I'm going to proceed with caution.
  • BSero1982
    Options

pahaha rinsing them is halfway washing them and the average apple is picked up 9 times before you buy it in the store. um im washing my apple thank you

barf!! lol
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Just because you don't want to give him a 'Bob Joe' doesn't mean he will break up with you!

WRONG!
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    The dumbest advice that I have ever been given was when I was walking with a friend and we were talking about getting a diet coke as our reward after our walk when a woman sitting on a bench (and clearly overweight) tells me that diet cokes are "unhealthy" and that I shouldn't be drinking them because they will make me fat. I'm sure she was in good enough health (NOT) to be giving advice.
  • RockAShelley
    RockAShelley Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    "it's just one...it cant hurt you...." And so began the addiction.... we wont say to what....lol
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    One of hubby's great aunts said that we needed to touch our baby's feet to the back of his head to keep him from getting some disease (some weird name like the shaky curveys). Needless to say, she was never allowed to hold him.
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I hate when people tell me to stop dieting and that im not fat..I know ive gained ALOT of weight.. my sons dad is the biggest one at this but have I ever told him what I actually weigh? NO lol. But he will tell me it shouldnt hurt to eat this and that and tell me I dont need to loose weight but yes I do and then later he will joke around calling me fat in public makes me mad! I am getting healthy for me now it will raise my own self confidence too!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

That's what i do. It's ok, I have a system for that.
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    "You need to be eating more for breakfast. I buy my daughter a sausage, egg, and cheese mcmuffin everyday before school so I know she's eating enough." -Coming from the biggest, laziest slob of a MIL ever.

I was eating yogurt with fruit and/or cereal for breakfast..I just can't do a big breakfast most of the time.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    A fat guy at McDonald's ordering a salad with ranch sauce telling me I shouldn't eat the cheeseburger I ordered.
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    "Don't cry Ellie,your mother will come back."
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    people telling me to stop exercising so much...happens a lot, and I hate it.
    I like exercise.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My son's girlfriend telling me to cycle my calories, like I need to take advice from her.
    My *kitten* = size 12
    Her *kitten* = size 18

GG
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    If you taste while cooking count that as your meal, don't fix yourself a plate and eat with everyone else when it's done.
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    A fat guy at McDonald's ordering a salad with ranch sauce telling me I shouldn't eat the cheeseburger I ordered.

ROFL Curious to know what your response was
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    these come from the same person. 'you should treat yourself' (to a bought coffee/chocolate/etc) and 'you only live once'. Well yeah, I should 'treat myself' every time I go out because I definitely will only live once. Saying NO that a slice of triple choc mudcake isn't really depriving myself of anything - except fat, sugar and carbs.