Disney Help!

Options
I am going on a family vacation next week to Disney and I know I won't be able to work out and am not sure how I am going to keep up with my food diary. Any suggestions??

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Walk everywhere and try to log your walking? :) HAVE FUN!
  • darbym7
    darbym7 Posts: 61
    Options
    well if youre going to disney girl, youll be walking like crazy! just beware of all the icky bad foods... if you go out to a restaurant try for a salad and grilled chicken. try to stay away from a lot of red meat, and fattening foods. as far as exercise, i think you should be good :)
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Have fun!

You can find a MFP app for your phone for free. If that isn't an option just write everything down and fill it in when you get back. As far as exercise, my suggestion is to do a walking workout before you start your day. Maybe walk around your resort adding some steps in to the walk - just make sure you set aside a specific time and do it for the duration.
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Oh, you'll get your exercise! Have fun!
  • jule_sea
    Options
    Disney is great at having healthy snacks; bananas, oranges, apples, pineapple spears, and an assortment of veggies. The biggest thing to keep in mind is portion control, other than that, they really have great options these days!
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I went this summer with my kids. Between walking EVERYWHERE, drinking tons of water, and eating healthy (grilled chicken and fruit ) whenever I could, I maintained my weight. I didn't have internet access, so I just logged it all when I got home. Only downside was starting my "days logged in" count all over. If you have a smartphone, download the free app and log your food and walking... whatever you do, HAVE FUN and remember that this is about healthy LIVING not dieting!!!
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I am going on a family vacation next week to Disney and I know I won't be able to work out and am not sure how I am going to keep up with my food diary. Any suggestions??

You will be at the most magical place on earth. Have fun! Believe me you will be walking a lot. Just try to drink water and balance what you eat. Disney has a myriad of food choices; therefore, you can make informed choices of what you will eat. Please have fun and remember that you are on vacation. :flowerforyou:
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    If you can't log on your phone, most hotels have internet and some have computers. Otherwise there are plenty of good food choices available and the walking will be amazing for your exercise log. Have a great time, it's the greatest place on earth. When I was on a diet and went I lost 5 lbs in a week while I was there.
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Jog in place while waiting in line---since you'll be doing a lot of that! Having fun and laughing burns lots of calories, so be sure to factor in having a BLAST! Enjoy.
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I went to Disney in June. I was stressing out over what to eat for the first day or so, then decided that I was on vacation and I was going to relax and quit obsessing!! I drank lots of water, ate a healthy breakfast before going into the park and in spite of the Mickey bars, I didn't gain an ounce because of all of the walking! Have a great vacation!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I recommend the teacup ride.
  • ckenneray
    Options
    I just went a month ago and while it wasnt easy, it wasnt horrible. I packed apples, cheese sticks and trail mix in my backpack, carried lots of water. I put salad in a large plastic bag and kept it in the backpack for lunch. Shared a meal in New orleans square. Carried my own food wherever I could, like on a plane or in the car ride down, and ordered salads at Rainforest cafe and the mexican restuarant. Eating outside the actual park was easier than inside and sharing stuff worked out better than I thought. Good luck!
  • adreal
    adreal Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have this app on my phone and couldn't live without it. I just don't want to get down there and eat everything in site. I am just now getting back into the swing of things and I don't want to have a set back. I am really excited about going though!!!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

The Dumbo ride is way better.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

This is not true.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

This is not true.

We will never agree on this.
  • spuleri
    spuleri Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Do you have a smart phone? There is an app. and maybe you could keep up with your food logging that way??? I was just in Disney at the beginning of this year and with all of the walking I'm sure you'll get in some exercise! :)
  • spuleri
    spuleri Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Do you have a smart phone? There is an app. and maybe you could keep up with your food logging that way??? I was just in Disney at the beginning of this year and with all of the walking I'm sure you'll get in some exercise! :)
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    EPCOT has the Food & Wine festival going on now, right? So indulge. Make a point to walk all the way around World Showcase for a loop of 1.3 miles. You'll get plenty of walking in anyway. Make extra walks too. Instead of taking a shuttle or boat, you can walk from EPCOT to Hollywood Studios. Take a walking tour of the resorts.
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Just got back from Disney about a month ago. Was very worried as well about the vacation! Didn't do any formal exercise but tried to easy smart. You can check my food diary from 9/10 till 9/16. Long story made short I came home and had lost seven pounds while on vacation! You do so much walking while your there that as long as you try to make good food choices most of the time you won't gain weight and may even come home a few pounds lighter!