What would you consider my job activity level to be?

Options
How would you describe your normal daily activities?

Sedentary: Spend most of the day sitting (e.g. bank teller, desk job)

Lightly Active: Spend a good part of the day on your feet (e.g. nurse, salesman)

Active: Spend a good part of the day doing some physical activity (e.g. waitress, mailman)

Very Active: Spend most of the day doing heavy physical activity (e.g. bike messenger, carpenter)

Hello, I work freight crew at a grocery store now and I wasn't sure what I would put for my activity level. I have it set to light active and I'm losing half a lb a week so I should eat 1800. I will eat about 1500-1600 due to being busy/not hungry (not too much of an issue since I'm not starving). I'm not losing half a lb a week, I'm losing more like 2 lbs! I'm not complaining of course and at work I feel fuel efficient and am not starving! I eat mostly home cooked meals, save for yesterday being a weird exception of course due to no time. So yeah.... blah blah blah, (lol), I was wondering what you would rate someone doing freight crew as? (aka stocking shelves)

Replies

• SportySpiceVT
    SportySpiceVT Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    active
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    I would consider that active, considering you are constantly opening boxes, bending down, lifting, reaching, carrying things to the back of the store, front of the store and are probably mostly on your feet.
  • jchester71
    jchester71 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'd say your active, if you work 8 hours a day five days a week.
  • ProjectSara
    ProjectSara Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I underestimate my burn and overestimate my intake. I'd keep doing what you're doing, since it's working for you.
  • lovelee79
    lovelee79 Posts: 362
    Options
    If it ain't broke don't fix it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL... I'd say you're active.
    But wow if you're losing 2lbs a week, not hungry... then just go with the flow my friend, and enjoy :happy:
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Wear a pedometer and measure. The minimum to be healthy is 10,000 steps. If you get more than that, you'll be able to really get a fix on it.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Thanks Grassette I will definitely try that. I have a pedometer for a walking class I'm in! :)

I work 24-32 hours a week 8 hour shifts being nonstop on my feet. I would work more of course but have 15-18 credits of school every semester! I love this job! I will try the step thing and maybe go up to active as well. It's really cool getting some needed physical movement and getting paid for it. I'm really bad about going to the gym so this helps a ton. Otherwise I walk with my husband around the neighborhood.