Crunch: Super Slim Down

Options
Hi guys! I wanted to talk about finding other programs like "Crunch: Super Slim Down." It's a pretty moderate ~40 min exercise video that incorporates yoga, pilates, and some stretching for a circuit training-type workout you can do at home.

My current fitness goal is to do at-home circuit training every day til at least March 3, so I'd like to add a couple _similar_ videos to my repertoire that'll give me a workout without making me want to give up my immodest goal.

Extra points for videos that don't require weights, and for videos available on Netflix Instant Watch!

Lastly, if you do workouts like these, or would like to track my progress, I'd love to be your friend :smile:

Replies

• obaker
    obaker Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That sounds right up my alley. I did one session of Jillian Michaels': 30 day shred last week. Almost killed me. That's not to say I'd never do it again. I can't wait til I'm at the stage where I could do that every day.

'Pretty moderate' sounds a bit more enticing. I also love yoga so I might have to take a look!

I'll keep my eye out for other good videos for you :)
  • babygirldrivesaford
    Options
    I dont know if you know but on Netflix search 10 Minute Solution:, there is a ton of videos, each has 5 10 min workouts. Some use weights but I just use water bottles! Hope this helps, good luck, and happy calorie burning!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Bump - interedted in what others have to say
  • kkpo
    kkpo Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I'll check out the 10 minute solution. And yeah...I want to start doing something that I can stick to, and then add in tougher routines! I'll keep searching too. (And I highly recommend Crunch. It's ideal for me right now, and I really see results when I do the routine!)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Netflix has a few of the Crunch: videos, and I like them all. I also like the Self: dvds which Netflix has as well (but the Crunch ones they have streaming and the Self ones are DVD only). I like the Crunch: CardioSculpt and the Boot Camp Training, and I loooove the "Candlelight Yoga' which is not really yoga but a nice long, relaxing stretch. The Self ones, some might use weights but only one pair of light dumbbells.

If you have cable you should look on the free channels and see if you have a health & fitness or exercise channel. They will have a good variety of workouts.
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing the Crunch vids on Netflix. I like them, and I've used water bottles instead of weights.

They also have some dance vids, if you just search for the word dance.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    10 Minute Solution has some good workouts. Prevention Fitness Systems has some good workouts. I love Chris Freytag, she's one of my personal trainers. Michelle Dozois has good workouts too.
  • fluter4gsus
    fluter4gsus Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love the crunch series on Netflix! Especially super slim down. The ten minute solution yoga video is great too. I do the abs and stretching on my "rest days." also, Hulu has a ton of workouts- the shape series is on there.