One week in

Options
Hello!

I'm (obviously) new here. Been lurking about for around a week. It's a great tool for keeping track of what I eat and how much I exercise.

I'm in school and working full-time -at a desk- and some days I never even leave the desk to go to the loo! I really need to move around more and stop snacking. I tend to eat the most in the evening and during the night (which I rarely recall but see the evidence in the morning).

I tend to get disappointed if I don't lose weight as quick as I feel I should be losing it. My scale hasn't moved yet :(

I'm hoping this motivates me to keep plugging away.

Replies

• pennypain
    Options
    I just had a quick peek into your diary, and yesterday you only ate a banana and some green beans?
    Your body would most certianly be in starvation mode, i.e it's hanging on to whatever fat stores it has becasue you're not eating enough.
    I see on other days you eat more, but you also exercise, and some days you have hundreds of calories left over, you aren't eating them back, which you need to be doing also.
    You won't see any movement on the scales until you regulate your eating pattern.
    :)
  • Tjantik
    Tjantik Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi Penny,

Thank you, I do tend to go one way or the other. I either eat too much or too little. I'm very much a social eater. The day that I was way over my calories I was out with my family -I ate everything! That's one reason -I think- that I don't eat because if I eat one yummy thing it'll lead to another and another, etc. Then I go on a binge. I'm hoping that tracking everything, making me accountable for when I eat and don't eat will help. That's one reason I made my diary public.