Nutrisystem

Options
Has anyone tried it?
What was your opinion?
My only concern is that those who have success with it will still have to learn portion control and nutrition basics after going off of it.

Replies

• otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I did when I was much younger. It works great as long as you never stop doing it.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    It's expensive and I've heard the food is gross. All it is is portion control. Why pay extra for something you can do yourself?
  • PrimaD
    PrimaD Posts: 4
    Options
    I've done it, but gained all the weight back and more once I stopped the program. Cook all my meals at home now, controlling portions, sodium, and sugar levels. Weight loss has been slower, but I'm feeling better overall and hoping it "sticks" this time.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    It's expensive and I've heard the food is gross. All it is is portion control. Why pay extra for something you can do yourself?
    my friend tried it and this is exactly what she said
  • Montco_cancel
    Montco_cancel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Like others said, it works, but so does anything you stick to. It's just portion control. It's nice for those who need directions, but once you are off of it it's easy to gain back the weight if you haven't learned anything.
  • javalyd
    javalyd Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Did it it worked, food get boring and gross after, lost ten pounds, then gained back when got tired of eating. Now I eat all kinds of food but in moderation, I have once a gain lost ten pounds and on my own!!! Of course with exercise...yes its expensive i had so much left over i gave to food bank....
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Just quit recently. Very expensive when you consider the add in's from the grocery store.

Yes it teaches portion control, you really don't want seconds. Not that tasty. (some better than others).

You can have sooooo much more food, when you chose clean eating options and truly walk away satisfied.

NS, did teach me a bit about portion control, but I'd much rather eat good food and save my $$
  • Jennolli
    Jennolli Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It is very expensive. they tell you that it is only a few dollars a meal but the don't tell you that you have to buy all the side dishes. I was on it for a while an example of what I mean: I got their hamburger it consisted of the patty I still had to go to the store and buy the bun, the fixens, the condoments, and all the sides so that meal that was such a good deal at $3.50 ended up costing me $20 cuz you can't buy just 1 bun or 1 pickle to go on your hamburger.