Hi I'm new

Options
Well according to my profile I actually joined MFP eons ago and the sad thing is I don't even remember doing it....clearly I wasn't quite so committed to changing my life as I thought at the time.... so when of the "school moms" told me about this fab app she'd downloaded to her iphone, I thought I'd have a look.... took me another month or so to actually get round to taking a look at it..

and then yesterday...I woke up and just FELT ready to meet the challenge of needing to lose 100+lbs... I'm 41 and some days feel 61... 9 months ago, shortly after emigrating from the UK to Australia, I felt something "go" in my foot...walking became limping and I put up with it for 5 months before seeking medical help... then 2 months ago the other foot "went". Diagnosis was a plantar fasciitis in both feet....along with deep muscle inflammation...result is some days I can barely walk and it's having a damaging effect on my calves and knees... so I am very sedentary at the moment...so I guess my challenge is,well, a little more challenging ....

But I am loving MFP..... love the barcode scanner... makes it So easy to track everything I eat and even the housework I do can be logged....I had a great first day and lost 2lb /908 grams on day 1!!!

So that's me... oh real name Rachel by the way...living in Western Australia

:smile:

Replies

• twiztedsista
    Options
    Well according to my profile I actually joined MFP eons ago and the sad thing is I don't even remember doing it....clearly I wasn't quite so committed to changing my life as I thought at the time.... so when of the "school moms" told me about this fab app she'd downloaded to her iphone, I thought I'd have a look.... took me another month or so to actually get round to taking a look at it..

and then yesterday...I woke up and just FELT ready to meet the challenge of needing to lose 100+lbs... I'm 41 and some days feel 61... 9 months ago, shortly after emigrating from the UK to Australia, I felt something "go" in my foot...walking became limping and I put up with it for 5 months before seeking medical help... then 2 months ago the other foot "went". Diagnosis was a plantar fasciitis in both feet....along with deep muscle inflammation...result is some days I can barely walk and it's having a damaging effect on my calves and knees... so I am very sedentary at the moment...so I guess my challenge is,well, a little more challenging ....

But I am loving MFP..... love the barcode scanner... makes it So easy to track everything I eat and even the housework I do can be logged....I had a great first day and lost 2lb /908 grams on day 1!!!

Try taping your arches. It should help. I had it for a while and the PT introduced me to taping and it's made a HUGE difference.
  • kikitlo
    kikitlo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love the barcode scanner too! It's so useful!
  • lovelar
    lovelar Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Try taping your arches. It should help. I had it for a while and the PT introduced me to taping and it's made a HUGE difference.

Yeah they're both taped up with Rock Tape and I'm seeing a podiatrist every week and they've just started doing acupuncture on them... also alternating heat packs with ice packs and stretching exercises before I get out of bed in a morning.... may need cortisone injections in both feet...but still pursuing the acupuncture for now...