fruit veg = weight loss

Options
Becca21
Becca21 Posts: 361 Member
So I Dont Eat Much Fruit and Veg and My Weight Loss is up and down some weeks ill lose 2lb others nothing and others 1lb and a few times i gain,

Is this because i eat rubbish.,

Replies

• Callaway84
    Options
    I'm a noob at this but from my understanding, eating celery and cucumbers help with weight loss because it's all water basically. A lot of fruits have the natural sugars but it is easier to burn. My suggestion would be more greens when you can and fruits when you've got that sweet tooth.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    You could eat nothing but hot dogs and potato chips and still lose weight as long as you maintain a caloric deficit.
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    rubbish.. I like the word "rubbish" .
  • jweidner33
    jweidner33 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You could eat nothing but hot dogs and potato chips and still lose weight as long as you maintain a caloric deficit.

This!
  • stubsy1968
    stubsy1968 Posts: 165 Member
    Options

I totally disagree sorry.

I think the aim here is to not only consume your daily allocated calorie allowance but to choose healthy food that will give you not only the energy you need for the day but the right amount of vitamins, minerals and nutrients that are detrimental to your overall health.

Try to fit in 2 pieces of fruit per day (be careful which types of fruit you choose as some are much higher in sugar and therefore calories than others) and at least 5 vegetables per day.

Eating clean, drinking water, doing at least 30 mins exercise per day is the recipe for a long, happy life

Good luck

Kathy
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options

I totally disagree sorry.

I think the aim here is to not only consume your daily allocated calorie allowance but to choose healthy food that will give you not only the energy you need for the day but the right amount of vitamins, minerals and nutrients that are detrimental to your overall health.

Try to fit in 2 pieces of fruit per day (be careful which types of fruit you choose as some are much higher in sugar and therefore calories than others) and at least 5 vegetables per day.

Eating clean, drinking water, doing at least 30 mins exercise per day is the recipe for a long, happy life

Good luck

Kathy

I didn't claim one could get healthy by doing this, I said it could cause weight loss. They are not one in the same and OP's question was regarding weight loss.
  • lisamae2010
    Options
    You may not like/or disagree with what is said, but it is true, as long as you have a caloric deficit you will lose weight. It may not be good for you to eat chips for meals, but you can lose weight doing that. It is not opinion, but fact.
  • Mynue_Jeens
    Mynue_Jeens Posts: 98 Member
    Options

This!
    While true you will lose weight its not a great idea. Eating "bad" food all of the time will mean you eat a lot less and thus have a tendency to binge at the end of the day or overeat throughout. Filling up on fiberous foods (especially veggies) will mean you can eat a lot more food while maintaining a lower caloric intake. Also eating unhealthily will mean your body won't respond well to exercise and activity. Not to mention your body form will still be fleshy and retain water if you eat a really high fat/high sodium diet.