Ladies Question

Options
So Im Due On My Period in 5 day ergh
And my weight is creeping up few oz a day could this be due to my wonderful monthly

Replies

• darbym7
    darbym7 Posts: 61
    Options
    definitely. youre probably bloated and retaining fluids, etc. I wouldnt look too much into it. lovely being a girl isnt it ;)
  • Mynue_Jeens
    Mynue_Jeens Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It's likely. I always weigh a little more right before mine starts. The good news is you burn more calories during this time so workouts are that much more effective, or so I've been told lol.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Yep perfectly normal~
  • MrsCupCakeBoyle
    MrsCupCakeBoyle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    3 days before mine come i Gain Upto 3 lbs. and im always feeling so Hungary.
  • Pudgmuffin
    Pudgmuffin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Absolutely normal! It is normal to fluctuate as much as 5 lbs during that week.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Yep. I gained 3 pounds today.
  • Appersmere
    Appersmere Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for almost 5 months now, and all my monthlies until this last one, i gained about 3lbs. This past one, I gained 10lbs. But lost it immediately after it was done. So yes, you will see a difference in weight when it's that time of the month.
  • jeninabilan
    jeninabilan Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    YESSSS absolutely.. I always gain weight before and during my period and right after, I lose like 4 pounds.. lol No worries hun!!!
  • decooper
    decooper Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This is normal. I retain 5-7 lb of water during my week. It kind of plays with my mind, but then I just shrug it off.
  • Davy_RockHit
    Options
    yay!!! Having fun!
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I had never weighed myself during that time because I felt so bloated but yesterday, I thought I would. I have gained four pounds since Friday (TOM started Sat). I know I haven't eaten that many calories so I chalked it up to that time of the month. I am sure it will come off when its the end of it.
  • Hbartels
    Hbartels Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've read that drinking lots and lots of water will help with this. But I agree with the lady above- just don't do a weigh-in when you know you're bloated. :)
  • LolaVaantz
    LolaVaantz Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Down side? yep. damn uterus, ovaries, and hormones will make your body wonkey your scale scream and your mood potentially anti-workout.....Upside? you know this coming into it and can counter act it by not weighing yourself this week (unless you are curious as to your water retention), manage and plan for munchies, and stick to the work out plan so at the end of the week miracle of miracles you lose double the weight you thought you would.
    Then, do it all over again next month
  • ksmith2187
    Options
    Gosh I didnt know this.. thankgod i do know, i probably would have weighed myself and broke down.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the weight will drop back off... mine seems to be dropping off quicker since I went low carb.. I stayed lighter nearly up to it starting too then suddenly went up 5 lbs... 2 days later I'm back down 3 lbs.... hoping to get the last 2 lbs off before my Sat weigh-in.. previously I used to put on 6lbs and it would take about a week for it to come back down again... usually it didn't all come off about 2 lbs then I'd have to spend rest of month getting back to where I was before it all went on again it was really frustrating!
  • sryan8408
    sryan8408 Posts: 244
    Options
    Yeah I usually start gaining weight 3-4 days before my TOM and then lose it all when I start or at least by the end and its been up to 3 lbs. Probably more when I'm not working out. Drink tons of water which will combatt the water retention, warm teas really help with cramps too and its a great tasty way to get your water in. My fave is aveda comforting tea because its sweet but theres no sugar in it!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    yep I normaly gain 5pounds a day or two before I start and it sticks with me until TOM ends