protein help!

Options
I am on herbalife and I am supposed to be eating 102 grams of protein idea. Aside from protein powder and protein bars, what are the best foods to give me high protein and low calories?

Replies

• Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options
    what worked for me:

chicken.png
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Seafood is pretty amazing. Shrimp and fish are usually loaded with protein, low calories, and the such. Egg whites are great too.

--Chicken breast and turkey breast is great too!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Any lean meat or fish is great.

Also, alot better shakes available!

Good Luck!!
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Options
    Basically just recapping everyone above; chicken, tilapia, cod, 90/10 grade beef or higher, egg whites, even eggs themselves.
  • gtstein
    Options
    Chicken and tuna (no mayo of course) are the two best sources of protein.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Tuna and egg whites.
    Lots and lots of egg whites!
    Mmmm :D
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I always rely on chicken and red beans or kidney beans, peanut butter on occassion. Today I read that a couple of the best sources of protein, aside from the obvious chicken, eggs, salmon, tuna, red meat, they said that almonds or almond butter and quinoa are super protein sources. :)
  • Marne53
    Marne53 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have had the same problem. Getting in all my protein yet keeping the cal. down is a lot harder than it sounds. I go with the things here, chicken, tuna, and lean ground turkey. I do buy portein bars from a local Aldi's ....they are cheaper and still can get my protein in at the end of the day if I'm craving the little snack at the end of the day.
  • MissTD
    MissTD Posts: 40
    Options
    I agree... Seafood is your best bet!! Tons of protein and I heard it helps strink the waist area. :happy:
  • SparksFly460
    Options
    Cheese (you can do reduced fat), cottage cheese & greek yogurt are my favorite ways besodes eating fish and using protein powder (I dont eat meat) to add the extra protein
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I don't see the issue. Protein is 4cals/gram just like carbs. Replace some crappy carbs with lean proteins like the ones suggested and fit into your cal goals.
  • JazzyFizz23
    Options
    I totally see your problem. I am picky eater, so not a fan of seafood, red meat, or eggs. So I have to work extra hard to get the protein in. I am teaching myself to find fat free meat and be willing to pay the extra cost for it.

I think someone else mentioned Greek yogurt. It is better than our yogurt by a million, and when you throw fruit and granola into, its like an at home parfait. Half the time it is also certified organic, so its really a win all around.

Lots of nuts! Though be careful since they are also high in fat. but eat a handful of those each day and you'll get the protein you need.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    You can add egg whites to everything - oatmeal, smoothies, stir fries, baked goods, etc ...

Fat Free Greek Yogurt (plain - all that sugar is unneeded), no salt added cottage cheese, nut butters, whole grains and seeds with great stats, soy products, and lean healthy proteins like chicken, fish, turkey, and trimmed red meat. What else do you need?

I get between 120 and 160g of protein most days. As posted above, replace junkie empty carbs with good lean proteins and you shouldn't have any trouble hitting your targets.
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Try some of these :-

chicken / turkey
    oily fish (eg salmon, sardines or tuna)
    eggs
    seeds (eg sunflower or pumpkin seeds)
    nuts (eg almonds or walnuts)

all good sources of protein

:flowerforyou: