Tell us a little bit about YOU?

Options
My name is Karen I am 43 (known as Kaz to my friends) Live in West Wales - married two sons 12 and 14. Enjoy walking zumba and the wii - love chocoalte (thats my downfall) and enjoy baking cupcakes!!!!

I am currently a 16/18 top and a 14/16 bottom (was 18/20 top and 18 bottom) have lsot 28 pounds in the last year - another 30 - 35 to go to what I will feel comfortable with - I think I look worse as I am only 4ft 11.

My saying is I am not overweight I am undertall!!!

Thanks

Over to you

Replies

• beeny83
    beeny83 Posts: 61
    Options
    Hi Karen My name is Christina but people call me Beeny and I'm from Western Australia, I'm 28 and happily married with 3 precious babies age 5, 4 and 6 months. I'm currently a size 12 and was a size 14 so far I have lost 5kg (11lb) My original weight was 74kg and my goal is 60kg I'm currently 69kg and having trouble getting it any lower.

Not to rub it in but I'm 5ft 10 :)
    (My pre baby weight was 58kg)

Good luck in loosing the last 30 and congrats on the 28lb loss. :)
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm Alex and I'm 20 (21 in 2 months!) and I live in Alaska. No kids but a really great bf that I've been dating for a year on the 1st! I love running, Zumba (or any other type of dance), kickboxing, and yoga.

I too love chocolate/sweets, but salt gets me a lot of the time as well.

I started at a size 10/12 pants and 176 lbs and am now down to a size 6 and about 155 lbs. I have about 15-20 lbs left to lose before my birthday and I can't wait until I get there :)
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lally, I live in Switzerland (it is snowing heavily today!) I have 4 daughters, sophie is 4 years old and we have triplets, Elizabeth, Kate and Charlotte who just turned 3. We have live in a traditional swiss chalet which is feeling a bit draughty today and so we are carving pumpkins with friends. I'm having my photo taken with the pumpkins in the knowledge that next year I will look less like one!
    Im on MFP to lose 106lbs (boom! what a number!) and to discover the real me under all of this emotional and excess baggage!
    I'm planning to learn to ski this year so my first goal is to get below 100kg because I refuse to go and get measured for skiis weighing anything more!
  • Cacencwpan
    Options
    WOW Alexandra_Anne thats FAB

Can I ask how long it took you?
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I'm Matilda, single mum to Kayla & Miles (hence mmk).

I'm a part time photographer (as my kids aren't in school yet, so I'm a stay at home mum).

I love baking, which makes it really hard to loose weight, but i'm slowly learning to find alternatives or modifying recipes.

Live in country victoria (aus).

my push goal is to get to 65k, I'm currently at 73.6. (lower than when I got pregnant with my daughter 5 years ago).

if you need buddies, feel free to add.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    WOW Alexandra_Anne thats FAB

Can I ask how long it took you?

It's been about 15 or 16 weeks and I have a little less than 2 months to reach my final goal. I had a a few plateaus/gains over the weeks but have managed to steadily keep losing :)
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    Interesting people on here, I noticed a lot of people on MFP having children on such a young age...damn how I wish I was a father already!!
  • elimay59
    elimay59 Posts: 471
    Options
    Hello I am Ellen I am 52 , I live in washington state , I am on my last teenager of 7 :noway: I LOve being a grammy its the best thing ever :bigsmile:

I had a WL surgery which helped me loose 60lbs I started to gain a bit back because my stomach streched again:grumble: My own fault I went from a size 22 to 24 or 3 x, I am a 16 or XL . I am in a really good workout mode its getting to be a habbit I have did a few challenges on here which really help.
    My daughter Is on MFP too which is very nice.

I do a variety of excersize JM 30day shred, stationary bike, WII fit, zumba, I live on a hill so I walk it {KILLE
    I LOVE MFP It has been very encouraging and helpful :flowerforyou:
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    Interesting people on here, I noticed a lot of people on MFP having children on such a young age...damn how I wish I was a father already!!

Haha I'm so opposite! I don't want kids for another 10 years or so, unlike my two sisters who had 3 babies before they were 21... :noway:
  • ozycat
    ozycat Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen!

I'm a West Wales girl too! Haven't lived there for a fair few years, but I love the place. I grew up in Pembrokeshire, around HAverfordwest. Now in West Sussex. Married, no kids but two cats that I treat like children!

I've been doing MFP since March and have gone from 161lb to 137lb. I'm 5'5. My goal is 136 and i seem to be hovering around that. Seem to lose during the week and undo my good work at the weekend, when I like to enjoy a couple of treats (wine, crisps and a bit of choc!). I am still on a goal to lose .5lb a week as I thought now I'm 137, I might as well go for 133lb as it'll be a nice round 9 and a half stone. Bit scared of the maintenance plan - when you've been losing sucessfully for a while it's a bit weird to out up the calories, but from what I've read here, it's all about time and tweaking things!

I love walking too, and try and do that everyday, lucky to have the South Downs on my doorstep and lots of open spaces!

Like you, I also love baking, which can be a curse sometimes! LOL!

Take care!
    :-)
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options

Haha I'm so opposite! I don't want kids for another 10 years or so, unlike my two sisters who had 3 babies before they were 21... :noway:

I desperately want to be a dad =) Can see myself kissing her pregnant belly and talking to my unborn kid every single night...
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options

I desperately want to be a dad =) Can see myself kissing her pregnant belly and talking to my unborn kid every single night...

Aw! That's adorable. Hoping for the best for you!
  • fitness4meAU
    fitness4meAU Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm 40 years old and I'm originally from the US but I have been living in a rural town in Queensland Australia for some 12 years now.

I'm the mother of 4 boys (with only one living at home full time now) and they are 26, 20, 16 and 10 (the eldest is my husbands step son from his first marriage)

I also had kids very young (20, 23 & 30 (30's not so young)) but with the 16 year old leaving home to pursue a NRL career I think it's time for me to start focusing on myself a little more and taking care of me.

I'm hoping to make friends who are not exercise savvy but would like to be come exercise savvy too. I'm hoping to make friends here.

So much to say, so little knowledge of where to start! LOL
  • klynn22091
    klynn22091 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My name is Kayla, I am 20 Years Old. I live in good ole' Missouri. I have a wonderful boyfriend who I hope to marry someday soon. I really feel like since high school, I havent been motivated to workout because I no longer play sports. I let my weight get out o control, even though Ive never really been skinny. This is just my first day so no progress report yet, but hopefully soon I can tell you otherwise. Feel free to add me, I could use some motivation :-)
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

Im Brooke and Im originally a Tasmanian, but now I live in Canberra - (the capital of Australia). I turn 30 in 4 more sleeps!!! I dont have kids, just 2 fur babies - my gorgeous dogs :) I have the best boyfriend and between the two of us, we've nearly lost 40kgs!!

I LOVE to travel. I am off to Samoa for my birthday, Bali for Christmas and next year my big trip is going to be Isreal and Jordan. I work for the Australian Government in education, however Im also a nursing student at University. I hate the cold weather, which makes living here in Canberra so hard - but I am looking forward to moving somewhere warm and glorious in a few years. I love animals and Im a bit of a lobbiest for animal rights - mainly live exports and puppy farms.

Ive just gotten back into running, which I love. I also love the geeky toys that go with it (my GPS watch and Spibelt lol). I love Body Balance and Pump classes at the gym. I hope to run a 10km race in April next year as part of the Canberra Running Festival.

I love MFP and so glad I found it. I am a new person because of it!
  • alileo727
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm a stay at home mom with a daughter and one more on the way. I'm not looking into losing any weight because I'm pregnant but I do want to watch my weight and not gain as much as I did with my first. My pre baby weight was 53kgs and I weigh 61kgs now. I'm 5ft 6in. Looking forward to losing on this site after baby comes.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Andie and I live in Sunderland in the North East of England.. its a bit cold up here, this time of year. I'm a 38 (almost 39, yikes!) year old mother of a gorgeous 4 year old boy and 2 year old girl and am currently trying to lose about 12lbs having already lost a couple before I joined MFP.

I too love baking and all things naughty to eat so I like to allow myself treats within my allowance to help me keep on track. I do enjoy swimming and doing zumba and boxing on my wii, but I find it hard getting time to myself to do this, also working part-time at our local College.

I've only been on this site for just over a week, but love the fact I am making so many friends from all over the world who are sharing similar journeys.

Feel free to add me anyone :happy:
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options

Are you working on this???? Honestly being a father will beat any other achievement in your life. My husband once said to me he used to hate getting up early for work but looking at a picture of our son as he stepped out of the bedroom made it all worthwhile, and there's nothing that will make you feel better than your child putting their arms around you and hugging you tight x :love:
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm Corrie ,35 years old, live in Buffalo NY but grew up in Canada. I have 2 biological children and 3 step children. My boys are 17 and 14 (alex and brendon) my 3 step kids are Alyssa 14 Madysen 10 Emily 8. I was not overweight until 5 years ago and then it started to pack on. My goal is to be 130 # and I am working really hard to get there but it's coming slow and steady (I suppose thats the best way)

Nice to meet all of you!!
  • sgause1
    Options
    Hi! Im Sabrina and live in SC. Im 40 years old, married and have 3 children. I put all my weight on with my 3rd child, which is 7 now.My issue-problem is Im a snacker...I love my junk food.Its almost addictive lol.I not only want to lose weight to look better but also health wise.I want to be around be as haelthy as I can.I work in a hospital and see everyday patients around my age with heart issues and its scary.My weight now is 171...my ideal weight is 145(for now) Im hoping I can be successful with this!!:smile: