Finger nails :(

Options
Ok so this might be a bit yucky but I used to bite my nails, only stopped about a year ago and although they are growing and they feel much stronger they keep peeling :( this doesn't happen with all of them but most of them, the top layer just seems to peel off at the end of the nail ! I use Sally Hansens nail products but even they dont seem to help. Can anyone give me some advice on this please ? Thanks :)

Replies

• Jacquibennett
    Jacquibennett Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Have you tried hair and nail vitamins you can get from health shops like Holland and Barrett?
  • sionadh81
    Options
    No I havn't ! Maybe I should give that a go. I already take vit c and cod liver oil so prob not a bad thing. Thanks x
  • stripedsocks
    Options
    :laugh: When I saw this thread entitled "Finger nails" I thought that someone was going to be asking for their calorie content! :laugh:
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    That used to happen to me until I started taking a multi vitamin daily. Maybe that's what you need.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    1 calorie per nail.
  • sionadh81
    Options
    Ha ha, I never thought of that :laugh: but I suppose the calorie content of a finger nail might be helpful to some :happy:
  • sgha
    sgha Posts: 225
    Options
    :laugh: When I saw this thread entitled "Finger nails" I thought that someone was going to be asking for their calorie content! :laugh:
  • sgha
    sgha Posts: 225
    Options

.......calorie count...too funny :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • stripedsocks
    Options
    Ok so this might be a bit yucky but I used to bite my nails, only stopped about a year ago and although they are growing and they feel much stronger they keep peeling :( this doesn't happen with all of them but most of them, the top layer just seems to peel off at the end of the nail ! I use Sally Hansens nail products but even they dont seem to help. Can anyone give me some advice on this please ? Thanks :)

I don't rate Sally Hansen products. If you're in the UK get along to Boots and get some No. 7 So Strong Nail Care. It's MARVELLOUS STUFF. As are skin, hair and nail supplements from Holland and Barret :smile:
  • suzan40
    suzan40 Posts: 16
    Options
    hi there are several products you could try but ive found nail envy from opi {find it in boots or on shopping channel qvc} has helped as has prostrong {found on qvc shopping xhannel/internet} i was told that peeling is due to bad nail filing and dehydration also that buffing which releases that natural oils can help but thhis last bit hasnt helped mine but may help you.
    let me know how you get on or if you find something else?:flowerforyou:
  • sionadh81
    Options
    hi there are several products you could try but ive found nail envy from opi {find it in boots or on shopping channel qvc} has helped as has prostrong {found on qvc shopping xhannel/internet} i was told that peeling is due to bad nail filing and dehydration also that buffing which releases that natural oils can help but thhis last bit hasnt helped mine but may help you.
    let me know how you get on or if you find something else?:flowerforyou:

Great thanks! Yes they do seem to be very dehydrated so that sounds like the right advice will give these suggestions a go and report back if they work :)
  • ashleycat23
    Options
    Biotin helps somepeople.
    A healthy diet, of course, will help.
    do you file or clip them? clipping can actually cause tears and peeling for some people. improper filing can do the same.
    Sinful colors brand nail strengthener is what i like to use. I apply the base coat, the strengthener and then color and top coat.