You have got to be kidding me...

Options
I am a bit disgusted as I weighed in this morning. 2 pounds is not a number I shoot for.... I kill my self in the gym and my shirts are always dripping with sweat. I eat right always less then it says I should. I burn 1400 cal or so at the gym 4-5 days a week. I am a carpenter so I am on my feet all day lifting bending ect. I am 293 pounds I should be able to pull a bigger number then 2.

Can't say I feel much like going to the gym I would rather go back to bed.

Replies

• thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Hey, you LOST 2 pounds. LOST. You didn't gain, or maintain. You LOST.

That's freaking fantastic. Well done.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hey, you LOST 2 pounds. LOST. You didn't gain, or maintain. You LOST.

That's freaking fantastic. Well done.

Agreed! 2lbs a week is a sensible amount to lose.......you're heading in the right direction.

Sue :smile: x
  • arat123
    arat123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You really need to eat more I think. I had the same reaction a few weeks ago and when I looked back at my nutritional report it was obvious that I hadn't eaten enough. Give it a try and see. Remember, an engine cannot run on empty!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am a bit disgusted as I weighed in this morning. 2 pounds is not a number I shoot for.... I kill my self in the gym and my shirts are always dripping with sweat. I eat right always less then it says I should. I burn 1400 cal or so at the gym 4-5 days a week. I am a carpenter so I am on my feet all day lifting bending ect. I am 293 pounds I should be able to pull a bigger number then 2.

Can't say I feel much like going to the gym I would rather go back to bed.

2 pounds is great!!

but where you say you eat less than it says? not good... if you are active through the day and work out a lot you need to be fueling your body properly, or the weight loss will stop!
  • craigrmarsh
    craigrmarsh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain but like the person below said you lost weight.. that can only be good :) Also there is a thing were people do to much to soon!

And also how is your rest ? Rest... (sleep) is one of the most important things in all off this..

1. Rest
    2. Food
    3. Exercise

good luck :)
  • gailosborne
    Options
    Well if you continue to lose 2lbs a week you will have reached your goal this time next year. Not going to the gym and sacking it all off will mean that this time next year you will be where you are now...the choice is yours = )

Come on mate, you can do it. I lost 103lbs and honestly would have killed for a 2lb loss every week.

Keep eating well, keep up your exercise and the results will come!!
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough! Get those exercise calories in!
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    And how many pounds of muscles did you build on top of losing these 2 pounds?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i had a quick look at your food diary, and you might want to try and add some more fruit & veg to your diet, and maybe cut down on the processed carbs. 2 slices of pizza is not whats classed as a healthy snack!
  • michelleion
    michelleion Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    2 pounds is GREAT! Be proud! This isn't a race.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Well if you continue to lose 2lbs a week you will have reached your goal this time next year. Not going to the gym and sacking it all off will mean that this time next year you will be where you are now...the choice is yours = )

Come on mate, you can do it. I lost 103lbs and honestly would have killed for a 2lb loss every week.

Keep eating well, keep up your exercise and the results will come!!

im with gail here! 2lbs a week is fab loss! atleast you didnt gain or maintain. Its all about progress and you made progress! If you choose to let that dishearten you then all your hard work was in vain. It took a long time for you to gain weight, and it will take just as long to lose it. Hang in there, keep working hard and you will see results.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hey all that they said..... AND give it ago one more week, bet the number will be bigger next week... Go one, prove me right!
  • LisaLashesxx
    LisaLashesxx Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I agree with Arat....your body is an engine and by eating too few calories your fire will go out and take ages to re-heat when you do eat again. I generally dip into my exercise calories most days. Its about juggling your calories if you are not happy with the 2lb. I wouldnt recommend under eating as you are starving your body. If you look at your body as a fire, the fule you put into it keeps the fire burning.....if you dont feed the fire....it goes out...its exactly like the body's motabolism.
    Try alternating daily having the alloted calories one day then the next day eating into your exercise calories. The next day eat just under the calories of the day then the next eat only what your daily allowance is. This often shocks the body and for me confuses the body not knowing what its gonna get and when I weigh in after doing this after a plateau, I usually get a great loss. I think they do this kinda thing in the army for weight loss. Drink water too, although studies show that water is good but too much is bad, I think in my mind, if I drink the 8 glasses we all hear we need to have each day (but this is bollocks) I feel I do better.
    You can only try, and if my advice doesnt work then hey its only a week.

Good luck.

Lisa. :):bigsmile:
  • Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options
    Probably you've hit a plateau... or you are just full of water right now.... try weighting again later

fed up with gym? take it easier and eat less accordingly, at least for a few days....or change activity!!

if you get bored, you will quit and that's not good!

don't worry, you wont be losing 2 pounds... you will eventually speed up FOR SURE
  • Natalie49
    Natalie49 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It happens! Good thing it's a loss! Sometimes when you get low numbers, the next week you'll get bigger numbers!

Don't let that bring you down! You're doing great, you must be proud!
    Keep up the good work :)
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Remember your post questioning alcohol and if it's really all that terrible? Do some action research. Go a week without it and see what happens.
  • sycarroll
    sycarroll Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Losing 2-3 pound a week usually means that your body is breaking down fat where as if this number is higher it means that your body is breaking down muscle and water. Hope this helps.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Two pounds is a lot! I do not understand why it's a problem.

Pick up a two pound roast of meat for perspective next time you're in the store. That's a lot of flesh to lose in one week.

You should never expect to lose more than that in one week. Weight loss is a slow steady process. You have to set your sights on months from now, not next week's weigh in or you'll totally psych yourself out. What would you have felt like if you had lost nothing? That happens to everyone at some point or other. I am in my third plateau since June at the moment. My sights are set on next Aug when I am planning to meet my goal weight.

Two pounds is GOOD.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Probably you've hit a plateau... or you are just full of water right now.... try weighting again later

fed up with gym? take it easier and eat less accordingly, at least for a few days....or change activity!!

if you get bored, you will quit and that's not good!

don't worry, you wont be losing 2 pounds... you will eventually speed up FOR SURE
    I wish my plateaus involved losing two pounds.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Really?! When you gain, then you will earn your spot to come back and complain. Until then....