Can I get some input on my food diary...

Options
Hi,
Can I get some input/opinions on my food diary? i am looking to lose weight...ideally 15lbs. I am about 5'2" and currently weigh about 139lbs. Am I on the right track? Eat more? Less? Workouts look good?
Please let me know what you think or if you have any good advice and encouragement on what has worked for you.

Thanks so much!

Replies

• NashvilleShelley
    Options
    Looks really healthy....and good!!! Yum!! : )
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I need the same thing. Advice to make sure I am doing it right. Thats a good Idea to put it up on here. I think I will steal your idea if you don't mind! Sorry I can't offer any advice since I am in your same boat.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I think your diary looks fabulous.

It always shows you as being "over" on protein, but that is good. It helps keep you fuller longer and is good for muscle building and recovery.

Is this working for you? Because if it is, I wouldn't change anything because your diary looks great to me.
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    looks really good.........you are making me look bad!! keep up the good work. good job on the veggies and protein!!!!
  • Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options
    Everything looks great to me!
  • beckybrouse
    beckybrouse Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree! You are prioritizing yourself with healthy lifestyle choices! Way to reach out too! :flowerforyou:
  • Emagali74
    Emagali74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    The diary looks fairly good. What are your calories set at-is it 1210? I looked over 3 days and you are eating below 1200 net calories every one of those days. With that amout of exercise I would suggest that your NET calories are 1200 minimum. One day you ate like 1100 net.

That is my only suggestion.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I think your diary looks great! You hitting your calorie goal and going over on protein and fiber. Fabulous!

Your exercise is a great mix of cardio, strength and stretch. If you are not losing the weight/inches that you desire, I would consider maybe adding a few more minutes of cardio to your routine.

Watch your water. Try to fit it in everyday! Some days you had a lot, others you had none.

How are your results so far?
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Looks good to me, just watch your sugar intake.
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I would have to say that is a perfect food diary. Healthy whole foods. You shouldn't have a problem with those foods.
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Looks really good. Personally I'd skip the protein powder and add in some beans and legumes on a regular basis. They're important for well-balanced nutrition. You might also consider eating walnuts which are an excellent source of Omega-3s. 7 walnut halves are about 93 calories, delicious in yogurt with some cut-up apple.
  • ayummymommy01
    ayummymommy01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    The diary looks fairly good. What are your calories set at-is it 1210? I looked over 3 days and you are eating below 1200 net calories every one of those days. With that amout of exercise I would suggest that your NET calories are 1200 minimum. One day you ate like 1100 net.

I think yes the cals are set at 1210, but add in exercise cals and I am only slightly and sometimes under goal...within 100 or so cals.
    So how do you get those net numbers?
  • ayummymommy01
    Options
    I think your diary looks great! You hitting your calorie goal and going over on protein and fiber. Fabulous!

Your exercise is a great mix of cardio, strength and stretch. If you are not losing the weight/inches that you desire, I would consider maybe adding a few more minutes of cardio to your routine.

Watch your water. Try to fit it in everyday! Some days you had a lot, others you had none.

How are your results so far?

I have 4 litres (1 gallon minimum) of water per day...just sometimes forget to put it in there. But water for me is a given.

I have been closely monitoring for the last 2 weeks and have not gotten on a scale...gonna use the "pant-o-meter" for a gauge. I am hoping in the next few weeks to start seeing changes.
  • ayummymommy01
    Options

I think yes the cals are set at 1210, but add in exercise cals and I am only slightly and sometimes under goal...within 100 or so cals.
    So how do you get those net numbers?
    So I saw where it says the net and you are correct is is a bit under but I am concerned what if the numbers for food or exercise are not exact? Leaves a bit of room for error. I will see how this goes for a few weeks and possibly up the cals a bit from there.
    Currently my profile is set to lose 1 lb per week. That may be over eager and unrealistic. I may change to .5lbs per week and see where we go from there if there are no changes...
    What do you all think?
  • ayummymommy01
    Options
    So really still haven't moved scale wise. Focusing on weight training now so the scale will not be my main measurement.
    Question...what calorie level should I be netting to lose fat?? I have been consuming 1500-1700 calories (net 1200-1400) and sometimes more on Saturday's for the last while and not much change.I adjusted the weight training burn to 175 cals for the 45 min cuz I think the 140 MFP suggested was too little for me. I also do Bikram Hot Yoga now 3 times per week for 90 minutes each.
    I am not doing cardio for this month (4 weeks) as I have started the 12 Week Live Fit Trainer by Jamie Eason.
    Any suggestions on what I should NET calorie-wise?? Should I be NETTING 1500-1800 cals??
    This is just so frustrating...feel free to check my diary and make some suggestions...any assistance is appreciated.