GIRL SCOUT COOKIE TIME

Options
:explode: Ha ha...I was really good at work. I had ordered 6 boxes before I started the diet and the girl that sold them to me felt bad and only made me pay for 4 of them. I gave 2 away when I got them yesterday. I held 2 boxes for my husband. When I got home....:explode: BAM! I exploded....into the box of cookies...I couldn't just have just 1 or 2....NOOOoooo:laugh: I had 6! For a total of 450 cal! :sick: So then I go to sleep (day sleeper here...work nights). Cramps! I was so sick!! :sick: :frown: I had been 10 days without eating junk and suddenly binged on this garbage. I had cramps. Cleaned out my GI tract...:tongue::drinker: But then the nausea set in....I had to go back to work tonight.....I was so sick for the 1st couple of hours.

I will NEVER do that again, NEVER!

My husband's birthday is tomorrow and his parents are taking us out to eat. I have my menu picked out, but her homemade cake will have to be eaten by someone else for now. :huh:

:wink:

Replies

• jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    :explode: Ha ha...I was really good at work. I had ordered 6 boxes before I started the diet and the girl that sold them to me felt bad and only made me pay for 4 of them. I gave 2 away when I got them yesterday. I held 2 boxes for my husband. When I got home....:explode: BAM! I exploded....into the box of cookies...I couldn't just have just 1 or 2....NOOOoooo:laugh: I had 6! For a total of 450 cal! :sick: So then I go to sleep (day sleeper here...work nights). Cramps! I was so sick!! :sick: :frown: I had been 10 days without eating junk and suddenly binged on this garbage. I had cramps. Cleaned out my GI tract...:tongue::drinker: But then the nausea set in....I had to go back to work tonight.....I was so sick for the 1st couple of hours.

I will NEVER do that again, NEVER!

My husband's birthday is tomorrow and his parents are taking us out to eat. I have my menu picked out, but her homemade cake will have to be eaten by someone else for now. :huh:

:wink:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I survived the temptation of the Thin Mints today, but ended up getting a milkshake :sad:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have been running away from them since they started selling them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: They are devilish:devil: I have resisted the temptation so far...and my husband knows he'd better not bring any in this house!!! So I think this year the Girl Scouts are not going to get any money out of our pockets :laugh:
  • sopper6175
    Options
    Wait - don't Thin Mints make you thin?? Have those Girl Scouts been misleading the masses for years??

Perhaps I should rethink my strategy...
  • jaxkipi
    Options
    Wait - don't Thin Mints make you thin?? Have those Girl Scouts been misleading the masses for years??

Perhaps I should rethink my strategy...

:laugh:
  • Anise6789
    Anise6789 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I think avoiding the girlscout cookie will only make us worse. I had two carmel delights with a juice glass of milk,and fitted them right into my calorie allotment. I knew they were coming Friday and made the plan to eat them. Every now and then I plan for something good,as I can't see myself never setting tasty morsels to my lips. HA! Girlscout cookies are forty or fifty calories more than a 100 calorie snack.Total denial is probabally what made you go nuts in the first place.Try planning next time. The milk helped fill me up and was good for me. We have to learn that controll that we have lacked where food is concerned. I'm really trying! Good luck all
  • jaxkipi
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I think you're right. Cuz I couldn't help myself. I planned on it for about 2 minutes...to only eat about 2 cookies at 150 cals (for both) and then one thing led to another...and then overindulgence...:drinker:

Thanks for the tip. :flowerforyou:
  • prettyinpink
    prettyinpink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Haha!! My boyfriend brought home GSCookies on Friday!! He did that same thing!!! :oP Oh... and his birthday is today, March 3rd!! That is too funny!! His mom made his and my favorite cake for his birthday.... Red Velvet Cake. I nearly died not eating it! I did good. I withheld my temptation!! haha
  • coreysmommy2005
    Options
    The girl scout cookies have been in my house for about a week now! I bought 1 box outside of wal mart last week! I couldn't say no to those tiny little faces!!! So, my son and husband have been eating them! I've been soooo good!!!!
  • brendab
    brendab Posts: 78
    Options
    So far, so good here! We bought 7 from our grand daughter the girl scout of our family. My husband has eaten 2 boxes,(he's only eating healthier because I cook that way:happy: ) I also had ours ordered before the diet began, so I put my box in the freezer. When I lose 10 lbs, I get one serving. When I lose 15 I get one serving......and so goes my saga of the wonderfully delicious Samoas that I can't wait to eat!!! 3 more lbs and I get a serving:laugh:
    Bren
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • babyhippo
    babyhippo Posts: 247
    Options
    I limited myself to one thin mint per day!
    I decided early on in my diet (sorry, I said the curse word) that I would not completely cut out sweets. It would just set me up for failure. I believe we can eat sweets, BUT we need to learn to eat them with limits. Which means one cookie now and then, not 4 a couple of times a day!
  • jaxkipi
    Options
    :laugh: BUMP:laugh:

You guys are hilarious! Love it! Man I wish I could only have one....Great ideas tho. Love the reward system!:drinker:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I did a similar thing weekend before last and just before I headed out on a trip boy did I regret eating rich foods after being so good all that time before. I think I stopped at more McDonalds for bathrrom breaks on that trip than I ever have in the past just to order food :laugh:

I suppose that's an important lesson for everyone to take away from your experience, once you get yourself into a routine it doesn't take long for the body to adjust to it and when you fall off the wagon it can be painful both physically and mentally.

I paid the equivalent of 10 boxes of cookies from my niece in Minnesota and her troop then donated that many boxes of cookies to the National Guard troops from their state serving in Afghanistan and Iraq. I never purchased so many cookies and enjoyed them more. :tongue:

Way to go getting back up and recovering. Bob
  • yenn
    yenn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Did you know you can still buy girl scout cookies and not eat them ... last year I bought four boxes to be sent TO THE TROOPS !!! It is almost (well, maybe not) as satisfying as eating a box on your own !!!
    It's called OPERATION THIN MINT !!!
    check it out:
    http://www.girlscoutssdi.org/site/productsales/otm.php
  • my3kids
    my3kids Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    my hubby is going to college 2 hrs away from home and i bought 6 darn boxes from my neice it's a good cause but them darn things arent touching these lips thats a given. i dont need that my motto is i dont need to eat it if i dont want to wear it. them cookie would stick right to my thighs.:laugh: :noway:
  • DianneLynn
    DianneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thinsations 100 cal cookie packs are good...I use the Oreo's for my chocolate cravings & the Chips Ahoy are just awesome with a cuppa herbal tea or coffee.

If you feel guilty about the Girl Guides, pay for a box and gift it.
  • Anise6789
    Anise6789 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Well, whatever! Girlscout cookie time is only once a year and we are human.HA!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    We don't even buy them, thank goodness! But, if they were in the house I would probably eat the whole box. (Samoas that is! Those are my favorites!!!!! Is that how you spell it? I don't even know...I just know that I can devour them!!!!) Anyways...good job to all of you who resist the temptation!! I wish I could have just one but it's not possible!!!:blushing:
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Options
    I barely survived!!!

My daughter sells them and I had almost 10 boxes in my house. I gave some away.

There are two boxes open right now. I can hear them calling my name!

I will have will power... I will have will power... I will have will power... I will have will power... I will have will power... I will have will power... I will have will power... I will have will power... I will have will power... I will have will power... I will have will power... I will have will power...
  • jesusgrl14
    jesusgrl14 Posts: 250
    Options

I suppose that's an important lesson for everyone to take away from your experience, once you get yourself into a routine it doesn't take long for the body to adjust to it and when you fall off the wagon it can be painful both physically and mentally.

Yeah, I can definitely attest to this statement. I have pretty much cut the "junk" out of my diet and I had only pizza as a lunch option one day last week. (We are served an employee lunch at the camp I work, which is usually really good and healthy from our 5-star chef) I only had 1 1/2 slices but it sat in my tummy like a brick for 4 hours. :sad: :sick:
    I am so glad that I have kicked that junk out and even though it was painful, I am really glad that my body could tell me it was unhappy with my food choice! :bigsmile: Makes it easier next time I am tempted!