getting serious about losing weight and would love some new

Options
Hi everyone,
I'm 34, soon to be 35 and trying to lose 45lbs.I am single and live in TO. I have lost 10lbs (took me most of the year!) and would like to lose 15-20 of that by new years.I would really like to go out on new years and feel good about how i look. I am also single and can't seem to get back into the dating game as I don't like myself as is and can't stand the thought of rejection. Unless I want to be single forever, I better do something to like myself and build confidence.

I have started using MFP and really like it. I forced myself to count everything I ate on the weekend and even though I went way over my target, I felt good just because I kept track and wasn't hiding it from myself.

I just got back from a run walk program as I also figure, if I want to lose weight in a timely manner, I need exercise. Getting up early was no fun but once I was outside, it was actually stress releasing as the city is peaceful early in the morning.

Anyway, if anyone has a similar goal or story and/or needs a fitness pal, I can't wait to hear from you.

P.s. I forgot the friends part in the topic line, too exited to get started !

Replies

• Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend for tips or w/e... i was successful at losing 45 pounds XD

its all a matter of discipline and will ^^
  • ohsogoodfitness
    Options
    Everyone here has that same goal! you can friend me. And good job on keeping track! that's the first step. You are also adding fitness!!! The Mental/Emotional is the hardest. It will all come though.