Loss-tober Fest Challenge (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
124»

Replies

• LittleFootLT11
    Options
    I saw 176 on the scale today!!! It was 176.8, but I'll take it! I've been stuck at 177-179 for the past month! I'm ready to move into the lower 170s!!!!!!!

I'm with ya girlie! I've been at 134 with minor changes in (134.1, 134.3, 134.0) for the whole month! It's so frustrating! Granted, it's not a weight I'm unhappy with but my goal is 125 and I'd love to see a 2 in the second place of my weight! This week is my self-dubbed Zumba week. I have tons of new Zumba DVDs and I'm going to do one a day to hopefully boost my system a bit and try to at least see a 133. Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • kwoodgate
    Options
    Hey all!

I need some help staying focused on weight loss when I have so many other things that need my attention. I have gained back the two pounds I lost, plus another one. :( I'm new to this whole weight loss thing, so any advice would really help.

Thanks much!
    Kimberly
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    ok I forgot to post a new challenge this week...oops!!! Based on the comments I have been getting I am thinking that we should reevaluate our monthly goal (remember you posted it for week 1)...

....if you are on track I challenge you to increase the intensity of your work outs and keep your calories at or under your daily limit.

....if you are off track, I challenge your to either renew your efforts if you are slacking (I know I was!!!) or change up what is not moving you forward. Try something new like zig zagging, upping your protein, changing your cardio, or add in more strength training. Use this last week to find what works for you!!

Still missing several weighin I will start cleaning up the list tomorrow afternoon....
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    We are saying goodbye to the following people... :brokenheart: They have not checked in since we opened the group - FWBP icandothistrish85 Jaunelle ready4achange1 wantnofat - :sad: I have still yet to figure out why people join and then drop but that is life :ohwell: lol

I'm giving Kisnell1981 mystamina a couple more days to check in - They checked in for the end of the first week but haven't check in since. I know Kisnell was having computer problems so hopefully she will come back soon.

I'm missing weighin for this week from
    BelindaBuzz
    jvdw88
    Ken1994
    Kewwy21
    Kisnell1981
    mrmarler
    mystamina
    prettyandslimming
    RebeccaLeinen

If I missed your weigh in some how - sorry :huh: otherwise please either update the spreadsheet or send me your weigh in and I will do it for you..... Thanks everyone!
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    So sorry, I have been working like crazy lately. I have remained the same as last week and have been really bad about checking in and updating. I promise to be a good teammate to finish out the month strong, thank you for your patience.

Ken
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    So sorry, I have been working like crazy lately. I have remained the same as last week and have been really bad about checking in and updating. I promise to be a good teammate to finish out the month strong, thank you for your patience.

Ken

no problem Ken!! We all have things that pop up. Keep it going strong we are here for you!
  • kelleman1
    kelleman1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I posted this is success stories, but I know everyone doesn't look there.

wqve45.jpg
  • mrmarler
    mrmarler Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hey friends sorry I have been distant, I have been packing to move and have had not time to check in. Long distance moves SUCK! anyhow I weighed this morning at 176.2 So I am holding steady! I should be more active next week! Thank yall for your support!
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I posted this is success stories, but I know everyone doesn't look there.

wqve45.jpg

You are looking great! Good job.
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    Kelleman Awesome success story!!!!
  • rocki21
    rocki21 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    awesome success story keep u the great work!
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    love the before and after picture!!! So excited for you!!! Wonderful work!!!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    As we are wrapping up the month make sure you update your weighin on the spread sheet or send them to me and I'll take care of it....

I have been asked about doing this again in November.... I'ld be happy to do it again but I need some challenge ideas and we would need a november name. November and december are tricky months for all of us... too much good food and toomany gatherings with high -calorie snacky foods... not to mention the ham and turkey YUMMY!!!!! Let me know if you are interested in doing this again. I would like to get things settled before the 1st this time :happy:
  • LittleFootLT11
    Options
    I'd definitely be in for a November Challenge!

Here's a few ideas:

To add a bit more accountability and focus on lifestyle change AS WELL AS numbers on the scale, maybe along with posting updates on a google doc on Fridays members are encouraged to post on the forum as well with one success, one thing they want to do better, and one new goal. It may help the support side of the challenge if people are more active in the forum weekly

Also, instead of working towards a pound number (like losing 10 pounds) maybe it could be a percentage of your current weight. Being closer to my goal, 10 pounds would put me at an unhealthy weight. But trying to loose 5% or 3% in a month is doable and a goal I can get behind.

Speaking of goals, maybe we make sure each member has a goal weight, a goal exercise accomplishment (Like run 5 miles without stopping, do 50 pushups, etc), and a NSV (fit into some skinny jeans, wear that sweater to Thanksgiving, etc). I just like the idea of focusing not just on what the scale says, but also all the other wonderful changes that come with getting in shape.

Anyway, thanks so much for doing the challenge. I've been at a bit of a plateau lately but having the challenge has at least kept me from gaining and for that I'm so thankful so count me in for November!

And HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    I'd definitely be in for a November Challenge!

Here's a few ideas:

To add a bit more accountability and focus on lifestyle change AS WELL AS numbers on the scale, maybe along with posting updates on a google doc on Fridays members are encouraged to post on the forum as well with one success, one thing they want to do better, and one new goal. It may help the support side of the challenge if people are more active in the forum weekly

Also, instead of working towards a pound number (like losing 10 pounds) maybe it could be a percentage of your current weight. Being closer to my goal, 10 pounds would put me at an unhealthy weight. But trying to loose 5% or 3% in a month is doable and a goal I can get behind.

Speaking of goals, maybe we make sure each member has a goal weight, a goal exercise accomplishment (Like run 5 miles without stopping, do 50 pushups, etc), and a NSV (fit into some skinny jeans, wear that sweater to Thanksgiving, etc). I just like the idea of focusing not just on what the scale says, but also all the other wonderful changes that come with getting in shape.

Anyway, thanks so much for doing the challenge. I've been at a bit of a plateau lately but having the challenge has at least kept me from gaining and for that I'm so thankful so count me in for November!

And HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

These are all great ideas!!!