Another new MFP friend here!

Options
My name is Annmarie. I am a 43 year old wife of a wonderful and loving husband for 24 years in December and mother of three beautiful children. I have been on a weight struggle for most of my life and have tried just about every diet out there. I am a 1999 product of a gastric bi-pass gone bad, and I currently have many health related issues that keep me from wanting to exercise and with that even diet. I am from a big Italian family where food is our source of comfort and "family", so I enjoy very much the idea of cooking as well as eating all the wonderful meals I make for friends and family. This is probably the biggest reason for NOT watching what I eat. I joined my fitness pal in the hopes that I can get back into shape and be able to enjoy life again with my family and friends

Replies

• krstal02
    krstal02 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good Luck and you may add me as a friend. I joined MFP about three months ago and I have found many nice friends who keep me encouraged. I have lost a total of 43 pounds (5before I learned of MFP) I am have learned to be more conscious of the food I intake by logging my food daily. I can even visit a restaurant and stay within the parameters because I know what and how much too eat. I still may occassionally have a cupcake or something I shouldn't but HEY I am human. It's natural to eat but we must do it in moderation and monitor what we are eating. I wish you much weight loss
  • mazp12
    mazp12 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hi there and welcome, feel free to add me as a friend for some extra support :-)
  • pattynava
    pattynava Posts: 331
    Options
    Welcome! I'm from a big family also....and when we eat, WE Eat.:grumble: ....Needless to say, that is why I am here....good luck :smile:
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site with some very awesome people. I love food too....cooking, serving, esp eating it! You will get a lot of support on here to help you on your journey. Friend me if you like!