Lesley vs Jillian!

Options
Lesley Sansone or Jillian Michaels?
Who's your favourite?
I have tried the 30DS and it's a little bit hard for me as my fitness levels aren't that great yet but I've just discovered Lesley's walking programme and I'm finding that a LOT easier! And Lesley is a lot nicer than Jillian! (no offence Jill fans! lol) I know she's only doing her job but she's so mean! :laugh:

Replies

• bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Lol...I like both... Although I have a love hate relationship with Jillian...ha! Both have great workouts, but I really love Chalene Johnson...Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme. I think it just comes down to what you can handle and what kind of workout you feel like doing... :smile:
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I love both! I use Leslie's workouts when I want to do something low impact and JM is great for those days you just want to sweat and work your whole body ;)
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Leslie but I love that Jillian was SOOO hard when I first did it and now it's so much easier. Still far from easy, but I love being able to feel the progress my body is making :)
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I love both! I use Leslie's workouts when I want to do something low impact and JM is great for those days you just want to sweat and work your whole body ;)

Same here. I usually alternate between Jillian and someone "nicer" lol (Leslie, Chalene or Kendall hogan)
  • dennissara
    Options
    I love Leslie - I try and to 3 or 4 miles every day. I prefer the DVDs with intervals and/or weights because for me they feel like a better workout.
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    i like jillian BECAUSE she's mean, i like being bullied lol
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Lesley Sansone
  • debtfre12
    debtfre12 Posts: 203
    Options
    Personally, I have not done any of Lesley's tapes only Jillian's. However, I hear Lesley's good, especially if you're just getting started and want a good workout. Jillian is hard-core; a drill sergeant even (lol!!). She's tough, but get's the job done as well. Although in her tapes she does include beginners, but in my opinion, she's more for the seasoned fitness enthusiasts.

I guess I prefer Jillian. Please note before I turn on her tapes, I have to wrap my mind around my workout. Otherwise, I won't do it!!! She means business. LOL!!!:laugh:

I hope this helps!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I like both - I'll do Jillian if I want my butt kicked and I'll do Leslie if I just want something a little less impact (but still a good workout).
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Who's your favourite?
    Until you posted the topic, I hadn't actually heard of Lesley Sansone! But then, until I joined MFP there were a lot of exercise routines and DVDs I'd not heard of!! I'll look up Lesley Sansone and let ya know what I think, Jillian Michaels isn't all that bad :smile:
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    They are both AWESOME! I use the Leslie Sansone 5 mile DVD when I'm too tired to do something strenuous. Don't get me wrong, she moves u good but not as hard as Jillian. I still burn close to 600 if not more with the 5 mile 68 min workout.
  • clairabell2024
    clairabell2024 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i like jillian BECAUSE she's mean, i like being bullied lol

I need to be bullied, or i wouldnt give it me all or do it at all! lol
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If you want more cardio less resistance, Leslie. If you want to have noodly arms & legs when you're done, Jillian. I love Leslie, I think Jillian is a homicidal b*tch and I swear she's trying to kill me. I don't do Jillians vids every day. I have 3 strength days, 2 cardio. I use Jillian for the strength days, then Leslie, Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs or Zumba on the Wii for cardio days.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Who's your favourite?
    Until you posted the topic, I hadn't actually heard of Lesley Sansone! But then, until I joined MFP there were a lot of exercise routines and DVDs I'd not heard of!! I'll look up Lesley Sansone and let ya know what I think, Jillian Michaels isn't all that bad :smile:

Might have better luck if you search for LESLIE SANSONE :wink:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Leslie!! for CARDIO - that's all she does.

For strength training there are TONS of other instructors out there (besides Jillian). Keep looking if you don't like Jillian. My personal fave is Kelly Coffey Meyer - she motivates without being "mean" and she's not an over the top "cheerleader" type either. Collagevideo.com is great for exercise video shopping - you can view clips - get reviews - lots of info there.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Might have better luck if you search for LESLIE SANSONE :wink:
    :laugh: Cheers m'dear!!
  • catlady100
    Options
    I don't think they can really be compared. Lesley is nice and gentle...Jillian is just the opposite. I prefer other instructors if I'm going for more intense though.
  • catlady100
    Options
    Leslie!! for CARDIO - that's all she does.

For strength training there are TONS of other instructors out there (besides Jillian). Keep looking if you don't like Jillian. My personal fave is Kelly Coffey Meyer - she motivates without being "mean" and she's not an over the top "cheerleader" type either. Collagevideo.com is great for exercise video shopping - you can view clips - get reviews - lots of info there.

teabag i used to think that i was the only one that knew about Kelley .I love her. I am starting to like Ilaria Montignari (I think that's her name, I always mess it up)
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I tried 30 Day Shred for 5 days, and found too hard on my knees - it doesn't help that Jillian's instructions for lunges is practically non-existent. So, I gave it up....

Then I did Jillian's 'No More Trouble Zone' DVD, which I actually enjoyed... but after a month - 6 weeks I got bored of it.

I now do Turbo Fire... at first I found Chalene Johnson a bit over the top bubbly.... but at least she gives good instruction on form for lunges... She is always on about protecting your knees, because you need them for a long time....

I'm curious about Leslie Sansone DVDs.... I've been meaning to check them out.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Look for free Leslie Sansone videos at exercisetv.tv.com

Start! Walking 1 (mile) or 2 Miles ..... these are Leslie solo ..... she's calm here, and the 1 Mile version is fairly slow. The 3 Mile one is great.

Cardio Slimdown - this is 1 mile .... Leslie with a group .... more friendly but not over the top ... wish it were longer. Leslie can be a little giddy at times ... Power Walk with Friends .... yikes!

To bring up the intensity you can wear weighted gloves or use small handweights.