My exercise challange - if anyone would like to join in?

Options
Hi all,

i've set myself a little challange because exercise is the hardest part for me, i usually go nuts for a short period of time and then give up, but i find that wen i do it everyday consistently im much more motivated, its just wen i miss one day i loose my motivation.

thats why im trying to last at least a month exercising every day. min 15 mins a day, except ONE day a week IF needed i can have a 5 min day as long as its something that for me is intense (a run, jump rope etc). so that way wen im tired and ran out of time, i have no excuse because 5 mins is nothing, and it counts towards my streak. also gives my body a little break.

its not much of a challange, but for me its a biggie to get me exercising at all!

im sure lots of ppl will have something to say about it not being enough or not being the best way or not enough rest or watever. for me its all about getting me off my *kitten* and doing SOMETHING and making exercise apart of my everday life, not some chore i do once a month.

On a side note im not counting my walk to and from work because i have to do that anyway, so it has to be something other than my walk to work.

just thought id put it out there as an idea if anyone else who struggles like me might like to join, or even if you dont but want to do a similar challange with longer, more intense workouts.

Cheers.

Replies

• sandi50lock
    sandi50lock Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am in
  • TheTonyPony
    Options
    Sure :D How will it be organised?
  • estrellita26
    estrellita26 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem.. Count me in..... :)
  • mimaw58
    Options
    I will give it a try :)
  • tbclay
    tbclay Posts: 3
    Options
    Don't let anyone tell you you're goal is not big enough! You've seen what works and what doesn't for you -- I've experienced burnout on both the exercise and food deprivation fronts, so I think you are thinking very realistically!

And I wouldn't discount the walk to work as, "I'd do it anyway." I'm impressed!
  • jessicaram2011
    jessicaram2011 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think that sounds great, starting with small goals always seem to payoff. And the reality is not everyone can do things exactly alike. So way to go, and good luck with your workout plan.:smile:
  • lhinds85
    lhinds85 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Been hitting the gym 3 days strong as of yesterday. Would like to spend the rest of October and all of November in the gym. Thanksgiving might be the only day i don't get it in at the gym, but i'm sure i can find something to do on that day.
  • hipbonesthighgap
    Options
    I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxx
  • stephpierce
    Options
    Count me in!
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Sure :D How will it be organised?

I have no idea lol but you've organized challanges b4 maybe if you don't mind you can give me some tips?

I honestly wasn't sure if anyone would respond lol So I didn't think that far ahead
  • marielynne
    Options
    Count me in. I need to get off my butt!
  • nsteiner
    Options
    I'm just joining so your challenge sounds perfect. Count me in!
  • jcandidi1
    jcandidi1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I want to be involved in a challange
  • mrswellness
    mrswellness Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I already had made a commitment to do something everyday even if just jumping jacks and push ups.
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    how's every one going? i'm on day 10 and havent used a 5 min day yet woo! going really well!