You weigh HOW MUCH?

Options
I bought a scale yesterday so I could weigh myself. I did, all was good, I put it away under the sink.
My boyfriend then came home and disappeared into the bathroom for a shower. 2 minutes later he called out 'How much is 150lb?'
I was shocked. He's about 6 foot tall and a builder. In my eyes he's big, strong and sexy. I can't be with a guy that doesn't make me feel small and girlie, which is how I feel next to him. I can't believe he's less than 30lb more than me. Is that a normal weight for a guy? I assumed that with his height and muscle tone he would weigh more.
I know that weight is just a number and that body fat % is the more important thing, but I was just very surprised..

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    He's 6ft and 150?

Please go make him a sandwich.
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My husband is 6'4" and skinny. No muscle really but has always been a very active fit person and he weight 175. Hope that helps a little :)
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    He's 6ft and 150?

So I'm right to find this surprising?
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    my husband is 6' 1" and only 160ish... everyone's body is different
  • misti17
    misti17 Posts: 106
    Options
    LOL!! Yes a sandwich and some chips, some cookies, a 6 pack of beer. Geez! My man is 6 foot tall and built very well too and is 205. I can't imagine him weighing less than that. He still has a 31 inch waist too.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    He's 6ft and 150?

Yes.

That's skinny honestly. He can't be more than 8% bf at best.
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My husband is about 5'9 and 135-140. He's skinny but not nearly as skinny as he was when we started dating. I would think 6' and 150 would be pretty lean.
  • windyweather88
    Options
    My husband is 5'10'' and 135 lbs... he takes after his father and is skinny
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    He's 6ft and 150?

Your scale may be wrong...seriously. 175 is healthy for a guy that height who is cut and toned...is he scrawny (no offense meant)? bc if not your scale's just wrong. my hubs is the same height.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    You must be a tiny little thang if you feel small next to him. I'm jealous!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    He's 6ft and 150?

add a couple of protein shakes, too.
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My husband is 6'4" and he weights 165 he wants to "lose weight" LOL he is tall and skinny not really muscular. He complains beause when he gaisn weight he doesnt gain it all over just in his belly so he thinks that means he needs to lose weight i tell him just cut out the junk and increase the protien and you will gain muscle but he's ok with where he is i definatly don't want to see him any smaller!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    lol he also may be lying...
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    He's 6ft and 150?

Yes.

That's skinny honestly. He can't be more than 8% bf at best.

Completely agree. My bf is 180 at 5ft10 and still very lean
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    wow, he weighs the same as my 5ft 7 man and he is really muscled. My mate is about that weight at 6ft1 and he does not look that skinny to me, although I have thing about skinny men. he used to weigh less too. His aim is about 12 stone and he is finding that a struggle. He is light but not like majorly.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    My dad was 6'2" and 150 lbs. when he was younger. (if I remember correctly).
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The boyfriend's 5'11" and weighs about that. He has a small frame and is pretty much all muscle.

It's normal unless he's starving himself to weigh that.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    A sandwich? Sounds like he needs a bacon cheeseburger!! A couple of them. My guy is 5'11'' and close to 200. He's a ball player so he's pretty stout. Lots of muscles. I agree, I have to feel girly and small next to a guy, I mean, I'm 5'1'' so it's not hard for me to feel small. But, if a guy can't bench press me I don't feel very small around them. at 6' and 150 there is no way he could bench press even me, lol. Maybe he wasn't telling the truth???
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    He's 6ft and 150?

MAKE HIM A CHEESEBURGER!
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should lose weight?

Wow... RUDE

And yes, 150 lbs for a man that's 6 feet tall is a little thin!