Body by Vi HELP!!!!

Options
I've been on the body by vi 90 day challenge for almost a month now and I have lost absolutely nothing. I was told that I didn't have to be very careful about calorie counting but I can see that's definitely not accurate. Does anyone have any certain calorie amount they stick to for snacks and dinners?? I would really appreciate help here. I love the shakes and I know they are chalk full of nutrients, but I can't seem to lose ANYTHING. Please help!!!

Replies

• prestonmay
    prestonmay Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Change the MFP Nutrion GUIDE....Too many carb ratio to protein.
    I am assuming you wanna burn fat and gain muscle. Adjust the guide to 40 pro 40 carb 10 fat percent ---- on cardio days I up the protien to 50 , carb 35 and fat 15

did this for 2 months http://bodyforlife.com/library/exercise

Gym 30 minutes m w f
    cardio 20 min t th sat
    Rest Sunday and eat what I want

I went from 20 percent fat to 10 percent fat..... Goal is 6 by Nov30

Good Luck
    i do p90, insanity and Spin 20 min a day for cardio on cardio days
  • shortstuffmk
    Options
    I am having the same problem! I have only lost 2 pounds using it. It is frustrating because you hear of so many people losing lots and lots of weight on it. I think I have lost inches while using it, but nothing too drastic. I am also interested in seeing how many calories people are allocating for snacks. Have you taken measurements of yourself? Maybe your losing inches and just not the weight yet. I am going to try to lower my carbs and see if that makes a difference.
  • Time2Thrive
    Time2Thrive Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've been on the body by vi 90 day challenge for almost a month now and I have lost absolutely nothing. I was told that I didn't have to be very careful about calorie counting but I can see that's definitely not accurate. Does anyone have any certain calorie amount they stick to for snacks and dinners?? I would really appreciate help here. I love the shakes and I know they are chalk full of nutrients, but I can't seem to lose ANYTHING. Please help!!!

I just completed my second week on Friday and have lost 8 pounds. Sorry to hear about your frustration. I have just been following the suggested calories on here and with my entries I have been keeping right within the range. Currently thinking about not tracking anymore since I have figured out what kinds of foods to focus on.

What is your current goal? Are you ordering the kit that matches that goal? I am looking to lose weight so I am doing 2 shakes a day. With about 20 to 30 minutes of exercise.
  • Time2Thrive
    Time2Thrive Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem! I have only lost 2 pounds using it. It is frustrating because you hear of so many people losing lots and lots of weight on it. I think I have lost inches while using it, but nothing too drastic. I am also interested in seeing how many calories people are allocating for snacks. Have you taken measurements of yourself? Maybe your losing inches and just not the weight yet. I am going to try to lower my carbs and see if that makes a difference.

As far as snacks I am just following the suggestions from the guide that came with the challenge kit. I have been doing things like almonds and string cheese, trail mix with dried fruit and nuts, or any variation of fruit/vegetable and protein that I can come up with. Calorie wise for the last week I have averaged about 500 for both snacks in a day.
  • VeroM1234
    VeroM1234 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Too much carbs...

Guys be careful with those shakes, flavor and fruits...

For that amount of cash, buy some whey protein or simply go at walmart to buy a can of protein.

Visalus is so expensive... :S

Make sure to choose the low carb ones...

I've been sticking to 45g carbs a day and lost 5.4 since last monday. (I am not really overweight.... I just need to lose 25-30 lbs) So that gives you an idea.

I mostly eat low carbs :

Egg whites
    Meat
    Cheese
    Vegetables
    and careful with fruits...

Good luck !! :)

I did weight watchers, lost 6 pounds in 2 months...
    I cut the carbs = 5.4 pounds in a week.

Of course, I wont lose that much every week but still, it helps me...I am also eating REAL food.

Good luck to you!!!
  • gtrplyrbrian
    Options
    I have been on Body by Vi for just over 2 weeks and lost 17 lbs. (not typical). I had terrible eating habits...never ate breakfast and skipped lunch most days. This stuff has gotten my metabolism back on track. I have my first shake before I go to work, then have a granola bar (2-pack) a couple hours after that. 2nd shake for lunch and a small snack when I get home like, pretzels or fruit. Then my dinner habits have not really changed, although I eat less because of the shakes (I get full faster). After dinner I check my calories here on Myfit, to make sure I'm at the 1500 calories. If not. I have another snack. If I'm over 1500, I get on my Nordic Track for 15 - 20 minutes, and do some push-ups and sit-ups.
    For the last 4 days, I've been on my Nordic Track even if I'm under my calories. I have THAT much energy, and it's starting to feel good to work out again!
    I don't know if it matters, but I drink my shakes at the same time everyday. 5:30am and 11:00am for lunch.

I hope you find something that works for you. I've heard of some people not losing anything for 2-4 weeks, but then the lbs. started coming off. Another: my friend has hypothyroid issues, so it takes longer for her...she lost 16 lbs over her 90 days and I think 11 inches overall.
    Good luck!
  • shortstuffmk
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I want to cut down on my carbs and you are right, fruit as soo much in it!!!! I definately have been checking out different fruits and picking those with lower carb count like berries..
  • shortstuffmk
    Options
    Too much carbs...

Guys be careful with those shakes, flavor and fruits...

For that amount of cash, buy some whey protein or simply go at walmart to buy a can of protein.

Visalus is so expensive... :S

Make sure to choose the low carb ones...

I've been sticking to 45g carbs a day and lost 5.4 since last monday. (I am not really overweight.... I just need to lose 25-30 lbs) So that gives you an idea.

I mostly eat low carbs :

Egg whites
    Meat
    Cheese
    Vegetables
    and careful with fruits...

Good luck !! :)

I did weight watchers, lost 6 pounds in 2 months...
    I cut the carbs = 5.4 pounds in a week.

Of course, I wont lose that much every week but still, it helps me...I am also eating REAL food.

Good luck to you!!!

Thanks for the advice! I want to cut down on my carbs and you are right, fruit as soo much in it!!!! I definately have been checking out different fruits and picking those with lower carb count like berries..
  • julygirl718
    Options
    What granola bar do you have?