Kindle vs Nook

Options
2»

Replies

• SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options

I tried the Overdrive library, and I was unimpressed with the selection. But that might have something to do with the area I'm in, I'm not sure.

It absolutely has to do with the area you're in. Your library has to own the 'rights' (or whatever they're called) to lend the book - so your library might be new to ebooks.

I would check libraries in neighboring towns, if you call and explain that your library doesn't have many ebooks to offer, sometimes they'll let you join their library also. Since the books are checked out online and returned automatically - they don't run the risk of missing material or uncollected late fees.

Some of the larger libraries in different states will also issue you a library card number and PIN # to checkout online for an annual fee (usually $50-$100).

just something to chew on...

edited to correct the dreaded there their they're mistake that I CAN NOT believe I typed... lol
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats the feeling of a nice new fresh book in my hands. Sorry...nothing can compare to the real thing. Just something about that feeling............

That's what I said for several years...until my boss gave me a Nook. I love it so much.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats the feeling of a nice new fresh book in my hands. Sorry...nothing can compare to the real thing. Just something about that feeling............

That's what I said for several years...until my boss gave me a Nook. I love it so much.

Same here. I railed against them and refused to get one. But then we moved to this area with a crappy library and no bookstores, and my husband got me one for my birthday. At first I was irritated, but within a week I was hooked. I can carry all my books with me on vacation, and buy a new one in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. And I can't ever lose my page because the kids liked the dangly thing on my bookmark and took it out. It's wonderful.
  • Hattie2879
    Options
    I don't have a Nook so I can't say anything about it. I do have a Kindle though and love it, never had any problems. Also, I agree with what most have said in here - it'll all come down to your personal preference. Good luck!!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options

Same here. I railed against them and refused to get one. But then we moved to this area with a crappy library and no bookstores, and my husband got me one for my birthday. At first I was irritated, but within a week I was hooked. I can carry all my books with me on vacation, and buy a new one in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. And I can't ever lose my page because the kids liked the dangly thing on my bookmark and took it out. It's wonderful.

Same here, but I use my tablet as an ereader XD